Your Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates an understanding of and competence in strengths based assessment methods used at EY
- Managing stakeholders and candidate expectations through the recruitment process, advising on and applying best practice recruitment process at all times
- Adds value by demonstrating an understanding of trends and market knowledge of sector using knowledge to inform actions and sourcing plans
- Work with the wider UK Student Recruitment team on key aspects of recruitment process, e.g. systems management, reporting, special projects
- Assists with coordinating and running the final stage events and ensuring all results are captured
- Engaging directly with candidates at various stages in the recruitment process to support specialist queries or directly contribute to a best in class candidate experience
- Apply relevant employment legislation e.g. equal opportunities, data protection act
- Complete understanding of our Applicant Tracking System including tracking, processing candidates, search and reporting capability
- Supports the offer process for potential joiners and able to respond to reward queries, start date, induction etc.
- Professional and personable, able to hold and maintain strong relationships with a number of universities, schools, and external 3rd party organisations, as well as internal business stakeholders.
- Engaging directly with Early Id candidates to ensure strong offer/conversion rates
- Contributes to the achievement of Student Recruitment hiring targets across all programmes
- Supports the development of Talent pools for Graduate and entry level roles across the location
- Co-ordinates and manages the logistical aspects of our Campus and Student events
- Facilities Student events and presentations
- Assists with co-ordinating and running of Early ID programmes
Partnering With the Business:
- Gains knowledge with regard to business strategy and performance and demonstrates some understanding of the key business drivers
- Develops an understanding of the business, the external market and trends and ensures that this knowledge is shared with stakeholders and the wider team as appropriate
- Is able to describe at high level the services offered, the structure, goals and key initiatives of the firm including our Apprenticeship, Undergraduate and Graduate recruitment programmes
- Attends appropriate business meetings to gain knowledge with regard to business strategy and performance and demonstrates some understanding of the key business drivers
- Is responsive to business needs, demonstrating speed of response through own actions and proactively proposing ideas and solutions
- Builds a strong internal network for example with Talent Shared Services , Resourcing, Operations, HR and the business to remain abreast of key issues and events and to provide exceptional service and insight to business
Understanding the Student Market:
- Demonstrates an understanding of the recruitment market – understanding the key players, mapping of relevant markets and actively tracking careers of the people we want to hire
- Keeps abreast of market intelligence and shares this back as relevant to the wider team
- Intimately understand, or able to quickly build understanding, of all programmes from Apprenticeships to Gradates, recruiting teams, what they do, what candidates they require, and able to identify methods to source appropriate candidates.
- Work with line manager to monitor recruitment requirements across the business groups and takes action to address critical pipeline issues and hot spots.
- Understands and articulates the factors which contribute to our employee value proposition – why do people want to work at EY and what do we expect of them
MI & Reporting:
- Able to produce management/pipeline reports for team and business as required and can identify when data is not accurate or of questionable integrity
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding the type of measures and targets that are set for recruitment – holds awareness of these targets while delivering work
- Uses the recruitment portals effectively so that data is maintained with integrity and updates the recruitment records consistently to ensure accurate reporting of candidate activity at all times
- Accurately collects and reports on data for specific KPI’s or produces reports for the team and internal stakeholders
Team Management & Contribution:
- Provide support and direction to the recruitment screening and scheduling team to ensure appropriate administrative work has been completed
- Regular involvement in meetings, workshops and focus groups sharing information to wider team and relevant audiences
- Knowledge and best practice sharing through written communication and informal presentations
- Contributes to recruitment wide initiatives as required
- Provides advice on process to business and colleagues and on the execution of strategy as required
- Supports new joiners to the Student Recruitment team acting as buddy
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- A willingness to look beyond the task at hand and consider the broader picture
- Calm and objective when under pressure
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Proven track record of supporting volume recruitment administration as well as dealing with niche roles
- Relationship building skills – with the ability to challenge senior management where necessary, always acting with integrity and enthusiasm
- Solid experience of recruiting direct candidates from a variety of sources including talent spotting at events
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Time and project management skills – able to plan and manage time effectively and demonstrate flexibility to deal with changing priorities
- Confident excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs etc)
- Knowledge of core assessment and selection tools
- Relevant Student Recruitment experience
- An awareness of the latest employment legislation and key issues surrounding immigration
What We Look for:
You will also work closely with Partners and Directors across the business so the ability to build strong and effective relationships, delivering at times difficult messages, will also be key.
What working at EY Offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.