McLaughlin and Harvey are one of the leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors and seek to appoint Site Managers for our projects throughout the UK. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing one site
McLaughlin and Harvey are one of the leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors and seek to appoint Site Managers for our projects throughout the UK. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing one site or section of a larger site as part of a wider team, including safety, health, environmental, quality, programme, resource, commercial and contractual aspects.
Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality (SHEQ)
- Understand duties and responsibilities with regards to current Health and Safety/CDM legislation, including those of other parties and ensure compliance.
- Ensure all site activities are undertaken in compliance with McLH SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of, maintain and implement the Project SHEQ Plan.
- Ensure all site personnel, including subcontractors, designers, clients, staff, visitors and others are inducted and have approved risk assessments and method statements (RAMS) in place.
- Produce RAMS for directly employed labour and approve RAMS for other elements of the work.
- Ensure McLH procedures, inspections and forms are implemented, including those associated with accident reporting, permits to work and temporary works.
- Produce and maintain the Site Waste Management Plan and ensure appropriate records are provided to satisfy Duty of Care legislation.
- Produce, implement and approve where appropriate, Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) ensuring accurate and up to date records are maintained.
- Record, submit and close out Non-conformance Reports (NCR) ensure the NCR register is kept up to date
- Ensure drawings, specifications and other contract documents are kept up to date in line with the SHEQ Plan and document control procedure.
- Carry out Toolbox Talks or inductions on site.
- Manage the works in line with the programme, monitor progress and update the programme accordingly, including elements of design and procurement.
- Develop short term look ahead programmes in collaboration with the supply chain.
- Chair, minute and circulate subcontractor progress meetings.
- Communicate programme risks to the PM/CM and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
- Plan and manage site resources to ensure a safe working environment and to achieve the programme.
- Ensure accurate daily records including site diary are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
- Produce, implement and maintain the site logistics plan detailing access, egress, transit routes, plant location, storage, waste disposal etc.
- Attend and contribute to weekly operations meetings and contract reviews
Commercial / Contractual
- Understand the principles of the contract, maintain and report information to the PM, CM and QS as requested.
- Understand the scope of each sub-contractor package in the context of the wider project.
- manage the sub-contract package in line with the sub-contract order documents, including the pre-let meeting minutes and attendances
- Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
We Are An Equal Opportunities Employer