Excellent opportunity for a Site Manager based in the County Antrim and Down area
With over 50 years’ experience in house building, Antrim Construction Company Ltd. have become one of the largest private house builders in Northern Ireland. An excellent opportunity has come up for an experienced Site Manager to join our construction team. The successful applicant will initially be based in Lisburn and will be supported in their role by an experienced team of Surveyors and Site Engineers.
1.Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Key areas:
- Talking to potential customers (selling) and clients (Handing over property, resolving problems, etc.).
- Instructing site operatives regarding construction tasks.
- Email and telephone skills to communicate information to office based staff and their Contracts Manager.
- Participating in site meetings.
- Use of computer technology.
- Communicate with local authorities and inspectors.
- Present good Knowledge and understanding to NHBC inspectors (key to winning awards).
2.Must have good site Organisational skills. Key areas:
- Control building programmes to achieve agreed completion dates.
- Ensure materials arrive on site and stock of same is controlled.
- Ensure the required information is available to avoid construction delays.
- Provide all suppliers (i.e. NIE, Building Control, Kitchen and tile fitters, etc.) with adequate notice to complete tasks.
- Ensure maintenance tasks are adequately supervised.
- Manage the production and disposal of waste materials (i.e. clay, timber, etc.)
- Control of cost (i.e. consider method to perform a task – what is the most cost effective method (consideration to price or timework?).
3.Must have good Construction Knowledge. Key areas:
- To be able to advise and control construction details (i.e. understand how the structural elements are pieced together, how damp proofing systems and insulation should be constructed, etc.) for all trades.
- To be able to identify why a fault has occurred and how to correct it.
- Identify methods of construction that may reduce the potential for future maintenance issues or more cost effective systems.
- Must be able to understand and apply new construction standards as implemented through Building Control and NHBC.
- Carry out inspections of all work related operations to satisfy standards have been achieved.
- Achieve a high quality finish in all properties.
4.Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety Standards. Key areas:
- Identify site hazards and control risk of injury from same.
- Understand current legislation and apply (i.e. COSHH, Working at Heights, Manual Handling, etc.).
- Ensure all site operatives are competent to be working on site.
- Manage site rules and ensure all operatives fully understand and comply with same.
Please note that candidates must be able to drive/have a clean driving licence
Please click here to view full job description
Please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Please make sure to complete the monitoring form when applying.
We are an Equal opportunities company