Excellent opportunity for a Senior Splunk Engineer based in Belfast and Londonderry
Title: Senior Splunk Engineer- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Allstate Northern Ireland is looking for a Senior Splunk Engineer to support the Splunk Infrastructure and applications adopting the frameworks. This position sits within our Log Management and Analytics Team which provides best in class capabilities focusing on availability for application and infrastructure areas.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Senior level technician role accountable for the design, plan, installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of enterprise systems management, infrastructure tools systems and related software.
- Drive collaboration with peers to manage efforts with our Splunk and other Log Management solutions.
- Other accountabilities include analyzing, administering, support, problem resolution, maintaining the overall environment
- Utilize proven systems, scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware/software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution.
- Oversee and/or setup effective end-to-end system performance and reliability monitoring and provide data and alerts to help avoid issues and to troubleshoot outages should they occur.
- Overseeing or design, develop and integrate solutions that improve the client experience
- Architecting and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations.
- Administering Splunk log management and solutions.
- Integrating Splunk with a wide variety of legacy data sources that use various protocols.
- Consulting with customers to customize and configure Splunk to meet their requirements.
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as reports, training material, slide decks, and architecture diagrams.
- Direct, review and validate the work of junior engineers serving as Subject Matter Expert for requirements within areas of responsibility
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow
- Own and implement technical roadmap
- Own the technical aspects of the product including feasibility analysis, solution definition and architecture, scalability and security
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Skills in systems management and experience with implementation of Log Management and Analytics products.
- Architecting and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations in medium to large sized customers.
- Splunk Enterprise Experience: 3-5 years architecting, configuring, deploying, and customizing the tool, preferably both in supporting the application and utilizing the application for information security monitoring, incident response, and compliance.
- Expertise in creating visualizations in Splunk and custom queries to manipulate views.
- Knowledge of a scripting language and UNIX command line.
- Degree in IT related field preferred.
- Cyber Security/Information Security SIEM experience corresponding to maintenance, administration, and utilization of tools a plus.
- Ability to utilize advanced systems, scripting and developer skills to develop methodologies to implement, integrate, and maintain new and emerging enterprise-wide systems hardware/ software technology components.
- Expertise or knowledge of other monitoring tools such as Netcool, Impact and Omnibus Tivoli suites (Design, Implementation, Configuration, and Management)
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Closing Date: 22nd February 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.