Excellent opportunity for Senior Software Engineer Role [Data Science/Machine learning] based in Belfast.
Senior Software Engineer Role [Data Science/Machine learning]
Openwave Mobility delivers fully-virtualised mobile traffic management solution with focus on Video Quality of Experience. In this exciting and very dynamic space the company has identified a requirement to leverage machine learning solutions to enhance the overall effectiveness and differentiation of the portfolio. In this role, you will use your data science and machine learning skills to further enhance our world leading optimisation, traffic management and analytics software, working with the best engineers in this space to design, develop and verify enhancements which will keep our products at the cutting edge.
You can expect to:
- Develop, maintain, extend and verify assigned software modules using Openwave Mobility Agile practices for high quality, highly performant code
- Work with a team of architects, product management and tech leads to translate the system requirements into a sub-system/module design
- Identify patterns and trends in customer and industry data to help improve our existing products
- Work in all steps of ML workflow –
- Data sourcing and preparation, management
- Coding the model
- Train, evaluate and tune models
- Deploy and monitor models
- Manage versions of models
- Work with other department software engineers to gather relevant data for verification and ensure successful development and delivery of product
- Specify and perform unit testing of developed software modules
- Assist technical publications department as required to document the product.
- Assist QA engineers as required to develop test plans and isolate software faults.
- Bachelor / Master / PHD degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, statistics or related fields.
- Familiarity with statistical modelling and machine learning techniques
- Experience with ML packages programming skills (e.g. Python, R)
- Must have experience in data sourcing, preparation and management. Must be able to develop Linux based tools to achieve the same
- Must have experience in coding a number of models in trial phase
- Must have experience in training, evaluating and tuning the models
- Must have experience in deploying and monitoring models
- Must have experience in model versions managements
- Must have at least entry level experience on Linux operating environment
- Must have experience of delivering production level software
- Must be committed towards company, project goals
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solver and self-starter; ability to question the status quo
- Demonstrable ability to identify and target relevant data in the problem-solving process
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Experience with other programming languages like Java or C++
- Adapts easily to changing priorities and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Linux Networking skills
- Familiarity with computers networks, network protocols, network traffic analysis (DPI)
- Must have at least entry level knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suites
- Familiarity with databases and database structures
- Unix administration
- Knowledge of mobile technologies
- Quick learner
Please click the APPLY NOW button below and ensure you attach an up-to-date CV, detailing how you meet the essential criteria for this role.