Excellent opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in Newry
Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Due to significant growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen, to join the Commercial Division within the highly successful MJM Marine Ltd. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join, and add value to, an award winning Company that places a strong emphasis on investment in its people.
To work with the Quantity Surveyor Manager under the direction of the Commercial Director in the management of the progress of contracts, to ensure cost control is maintained and value for money is achieved with the support of the collective resources of the other departments within the Company
- Preparation and management of project budgets and allowances
- Commercial control of subcontract packages
- Preparation of interim applications for payment ( where applicable)
- Valuation and agreement of variations
- Preparation of internal reports, including CVRs and Project progress reports
- Preparation of external stakeholders commercial reports
- Reviewing and evaluating contracts to identify key risks
- Identification of labour, material requirements, sourcing and obtaining quotations where applicable
- Liaising with purchasing / buying for specialist providers
- Attending internal hand-over meetings
- Liaising with external stakeholders as directed.
- Reporting on project profitability and cash flow
- Maintaining working relationships with the site team and sub-contractors
- Preparation and agreement of final accounts expediently after works completion
- Supervising and mentoring junior members of staff
- Travel to and from sites
- Using your skills of analysing, communicating, negotiating, influencing, planning, organizing and problem solving for the benefit of the Company
- Other duties as directed by the Commercial Director
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience post qualification experience working as a Contractor’s QS
- Commercial awareness and the ability to independently deal with complex projects
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Previous experience working on fit out projects.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Completed application forms should be submitted by 22nd February 2019 5pm.