Location UK / UK
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 3 days ago
Citi’s Global KYC Risk Evaluation Management (REM) function is part of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) function, and is responsible for conducting Risk Evaluation reviews for certain new and existing high-risk clients.
Citi’s Global KYC Risk Evaluation Management (REM) function is part of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) function, and is responsible for conducting Risk Evaluation reviews for certain new and existing high-risk clients. Reviews of customer due diligence records, inclusive of transaction-related information, are a key component of the Client Maintenance process under the ‘Prevention’ segment of the AML Lifecycle and provide the opportunity to review and update pertinent information in the KYC Profile and to analyze client activity on a pre-established, scheduled basis.
• Understand AML Risk
• Performing reviews of complex Foreign Correspondent Banking relationships
• Informing management of issues that require escalation
• Engagement with KYC Maker team to resolve KYC deficiencies in a timely manner
• Escalating cases for further investigation / sanctions
• Assisting in compiling periodic metrics
• Assisting in developing and Jr. Analyst coaching
• Undergraduate Degree and/or equivalent experience; High School Diploma holders, or local country equivalent, with extensive relevant (financial industry/investigative) experience including substantial experience in Compliance or related function required within, but not limited to, the following areas:
o AML and/or
o Compliance and/or
o Risk management and/or
o Know your customer reviews/Enhanced Due Diligence for high risk accounts and/or
o Financial crime investigations
• Recent working knowledge of relevant AML legislations and regulatory requirements
• General understanding of PEP’s (Senior Public Figures), Bearer shares, International Banking preferred, as well as compliance within those business segments
• Experience in application of KYC/CDD/EDD requirements
• Highly motivated and team oriented individual with good interpersonal and strong communication skills and analytical abilities
• Proactive, organized, and ability to work independently without supervision
• Strong research skills, advanced skills in the use or in the outputs of Microsoft Office products and/or similar business systems, and in-depth knowledge and experience with the Internet and on-line research systems
• Must be able to multi-task and complete projects on time
• Excellent attention to details and follow-up skills
• Ability to independently refer to policies and procedures and put into context with regards to this role
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer