Excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor(NI) based in Dunmurry
Job title: Quantity Surveyor(NI)
Reports to: Managing Surveyor
The successful candidate will be an integral part of our project delivery team, responsible for the commercial management of projects throughout GB and NI.
The individual will be responsible for the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality on their designated project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Achieve the appropriate commercial result for projects through the provision of accurate financial reporting.
- Build and maintain working relationships with the supply chain and clients.
- Manager subcontractor supplier accounts, financially and contractually. Monitor subcontractors against the programme. Negotiate final accounts.
- Place supply chain orders in accordance with the procurement schedule.
- Complete measurements and valuations of work executed, ensuring that they meet the conditions of the contract.
- Ensure payments to Sub Contractors and Supplier are made to the terms and work in progress cash targets.
- Ensure that Farrans Construction is compliant with all contractual requirements.
- Monitor project expenditure against budget. Provide analysis of cost over-run and cost projections. Exploring opportunities to maximise value and minimise cost.
- Liaise with clients on commercial issues, including agreement of variations, claims and additional payments.
- Identify legitimate contractual claim situations and prepare suitable and documentation to clients.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the commercial process and your area of responsibility.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies
- This is a demanding role requiring a flexible approach to working hours.
- This role can be based out of Head office in Dunmurry.
- The successful candidate will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by Management.
Educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management or equivalent qualification. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable work experience and can demonstrate capability as deemed appropriate by Management.
Full Driving Licence.
Professional Qualification such as CIOB, RICS or APM
At least five years pre and post contract experience in a construction QS role working on major projects.
Strong understanding of modern building techniques, plant and equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues.
Strong understanding of construction contract conditions.
Appreciations of the impact of cost in the completion of a programme and development of a construction solutions.
Good career continuity.
Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning skills
- Strong IT Skills
- Accurate and consistent approach
- Self-motivated. Capable of working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
- An excellent professional demeanour.
- Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if required.
- Able to work to tight deadlines in high pressure situations.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV
Closing date 1st March 2019.
Farrans Construction is an Equal Opportunities employer.