We are currently seeking a recently graduated, ambitious and talented Property Professional. Due to a significant number of projects and an expanding portfolio of properties to be maintained, we are seeking to hire a Degree qualified Property Operations Manager with 1 to 2 years experience to join our team . The individual will take part in a one year structured development programme to gain experience in a number of areas in our Central Services division, including our Regional and Head Office Property Management functions, before taking up a permanent position within the division.
With over 5,000 colleagues across our stores, warehouses and offices in Ireland and Northern Ireland we are a big and ambitious team. We know our people are our greatest asset and our success is down to the commitment and dedication of our team
- Responsibility for the Preventative and Reactive maintenance of a significant part of the National Property Portfolio incl management of scope, quality and cost.
- Management of a network of multidisciplinary service contractors working across multiple sites
- Managing the energy demands of the portfolio by monitoring energy usage across the organisation, setting targets for energy reduction and implementing strategies to reduce energy usage.
- Accountable for meeting legal compliance and Lidl Facilities Management (FM) delivery standards on a day to day basis.
- Responsibility for the Retail fit out of new stores openings within tight timelines and to a high standard.
- Responsibility for implementing new store concepts, including addition of new equipment, layout changes and general improvement works.
- Conduct supplier performance reviews including service quality audits and verification of works completed.
- Responsibility for meeting budgets and reducing costs across a number of maintenance and energy categories including reporting deviations to Senior Management
- Responsibility for the Management of service charge budgets and negotiations on behalf of the company for mixed use sites,
- Work collaboratively with stakeholder departments such as EHS, Construction, Procurement, Finance, Supply Chain and Sales Operations to deliver world class service.
- Seek continuous improvement opportunities and work with other stakeholders to deliver operational efficiencies.
- Recently attained third level degree in Building Services Management, Facilities, Engineering, Construction or similar
- 1 – 2 years post-graduate experience in a similar or related role
- Ability to lead and direct a team of people to a common goal
- Excellent interpersonal skills & communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Natural problem solver with open mind
- Flexible and keen work in different roles and locations
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and pressurised environment
- German is beneficial but not essential
- Above all a good attitude and willingness to learn.
What you can expect
- €42,400 rising to €54,075 over 4 years
- An excellent remuneration and benefits package
- Full on the job training
- A challenging and diversified job
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Company pension after one year of service
- Private employee medical insurance
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 25 days after 2 years
- Dynamic work environment
- On-site gym and canteen
- Opportunities to be involved in sports and social clubs
Lidl is an equal opportunities employer.