Excellent opportunity for Project Manager based in Belfast.
Openwave Mobility is a global software development company originated out of Silicon Valley California with global R&D centres. The Company is the market leader in delivering solutions for Mobile Internet Video Traffic within the Telecoms space. With customers globally, and operating in an agile manner, we offer our employees the opportunity for exciting and challenging careers that can span multiple disciplines.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated project manager who can operate in a highly technical R&D team delivering operational effectiveness and structure within an overall suite of agile practices. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a Program Management professional to take the next step in their career. The role is within the R&D team of Openwave Mobility, based out of our Belfast R&D Centre.
This role enables the operational oversight of the delivery of our programs within R&D and ensures the diligence and coordination to allow for effective tracking, reporting, resource management, while still operating day to day delivery in an agile manner.
The role will require regular engagement and involvement with non R&D functions as well as partners and customers.
This is a challenging and rewarding role with many opportunities for the individual to evolve the role with their innovative ideas and considerations.
With so many responsibilities – we require pro-active, dedicated professionals with energy and drive to fill these roles. We also require the following experience:
- You will participate in the business reviews of several R&D steering groups
- You will work closely with the product owners, the scrum masters, and the field organizations, driving the communication from R&D to other groups on all elements associated with the program.
- Establish technical direction across the organization with a sound and pragmatic approach to delivering the highest quality software at the fastest possible velocity
- Set up program scope, baseline the plans and schedules, project tracking, reporting and communication.
- Lead change control & issue management, internal and external.
- You will work with the relevant directors to align on priorities, resourcing, and help guide them to ensure the effective delivery of the program.
- Work with wider engineering management team to drive improved practices and processes with a strong motivation for continuous improvement
- Help achieve customer satisfaction through managing on-time and on-budget completion of projects.
- Provide mentoring to scrum masters and to relevant principal engineers.
- Work with partners, 3rd party vendors and relationship management.
- Be willing to engage with and drive all areas of the company – Product Management, Services, Support and Sales.
- Technical or relative degree
- Solid experience of Project Managing the delivery of complex IT infrastructure/software projects.
- Deep experience in project and program management delivery techniques with explicit knowledge of Agile and specifically Scrum Agile.
- You should have a proven technical ability to effectively augment communication with customers, plan projects and understand the ramifications of technical changes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to understand and articulate high level technical solutions to address business problems.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as strong presentation capabilities.
- Be a driven individual capable of pushing for success and getting consensus on issues.
- Excellent project financial understanding being able to baseline projects, manage to a budget and report on this within the company.
- Ability to travel on occasions to represent R&D in customer or partner meetings.
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Software Development
- Experience working within a telecommunications environment would be an advantage
- Direct People Management Experience
Company Benefits include:
- Subsidised car parking
- On site gym
- Employer contributions to Social fund
- Full sick pay for up to 26 weeks
- Private Health insurance which pays 75% salary in the event of prolonged or serious illness
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Group pension scheme
- Bonus scheme
- Death in service benefit – 3 X Salary (security for loved ones on the event of your death)
- Partner Life Insurance (employer funded)
Please ensure you attach an up-to-date CV, detailing how you meet the essential criteria for this role.
Openwave is an Equal Opportunities Employer