The Principal SET Engineer will create, design, execute and maintain solutions that will help to reduce cost, improve quality and increase overall testing productivity for Cayan software components that are deployed to our countertop and handheld Payment Capture terminals (Genius).
The Principal SET Engineer will create, design, execute and maintain solutions that will help to reduce cost, improve quality and increase overall testing productivity for Cayan software components that are deployed to our countertop and handheld Payment Capture terminals (Genius). Typical solutions will cover unit, component, integration, system, and performance testing to name a few for all areas of our platform. The position involves close interaction with the Development Architects, Product Architects, Engineering, Platform, Release Engineering Teams, and other key stakeholders to enable Cayan product development resources to provide greater test coverage whilst delivering products at quality and velocity. A strong technical background is required, together with a clear focus on tactical goals and strategic roadmap.
- Build and maintain the next generation of automated test solutions, leverage and innovate the latest progressive testing and environment toolsets, such as a physical robot
- Provide technical leadership in software testing methodologies while designing solutions that will include analysis of test automation requirements and approaches, monitoring/analysing test progress and results, collecting test metrics and conducting test reporting Heavily influence the opinions for ‘building in’ testability during all phases of the SDLC with emphasis on the design and development phases through continued collaboration with product, architects, engineering, and fellow SET’s
- Develop test solutions to support all aspects of Quality Assurance within Engineering, for both functional and non-functional testing including unit, component, integration, system, performance, security
- Be a technical advocate in solving the intricacies around the delivery of a holistic automated provisioning tool chain to support a continuous integration / continuous deployment archetype
- Communicate strategies in terms that are meaningful to the engineering group
- Be a proactive, self-motivated team player exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships with an attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure.
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Experience of developing in C or C++
- Experience of scripting language(s) (such as python)
- Experience of the Robot Framework advantageous
- Experience of Linux development
- Passion for software testing and developing high quality solid test solutions
- Extensive testing experience with strong background in Software Quality Assurance
- Beneficial to have experience designing maintainable testing solutions for complex, large, scalable, distributed environments for both functional and non-functional testing
- Expected to be a self-starter, operating well under a variety of different situations and types of projects taking ownership of, and responsibility for assigned work
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and organisational skills.
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award-winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
Have a look at how we work; tsys.com/belfast