Excellent opportunity for Lecturer in ESOL based in Belfast.
Belfast Met is the largest and longest established further and higher education college in Northern Ireland. We offer a broad range of innovative, high quality, economically relevant provision.
Our modern, award-winning estate spans the length and breadth of the city of Belfast and comprises four main campuses – Titanic Quarter, Millfield, Springvale and Castlereagh – as well as a range of smaller outreach centres, including the new community hub at Girdwood.
We attract over 37,000 enrolments per year and continually adapt and develop our curriculum to keep pace with shifting economic and skills demands. In addition to equipping the city of Belfast and beyond with the skills for work, we are also a £60 million business in our own right. We provide employment to over 1,000 people and procure around £7 million of goods and services per year.
The College’s goal is to be an excellent organisation and a great place to work for all its people.
- a generous holiday allowance to staff. Leave entitlement will depend on your grade and length of service (further information available in the Candidate Brief document).
- New staff are automatically enrolled into the Northern Ireland Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Benenden Healthcare scheme is open to all staff who pay the same flat rate per week. The services include a UK-based GP advice line, stress counselling helpline, independent care advice service, and discounts on health screening.
- Other benefits include: Occupational Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave/Pay Carer Leave; flexible working; Training and Development and Cycle to work Scheme
Job title: Lecturer in ESOL
# of posts: 1
Salary: £22,609 – £32,778
Belfast Met are seeking to appoint a Lecturer in ESOL on a full time Permanent basis.
To carry out the duties of a lecturer as set out in the Contract for Lecturers
What you need:
Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge
- Unless already recognised by the Department for Employment and Learning for teaching in Further Education and currently employed in a Further Education College in Northern Ireland as a Full Time or Associate Lecturer, applicants must hold GCSE English Language (Grades A-C) OR Essential skills level 2 or higher in Communication, or equivalent AND GCSE Mathematics (Grades A-C) OR Essential Skills Level 2 or higher in Application of Number, OR NICATS Access Maths Modules
- EITHER Hold, or be in the process of completing, a teaching qualification recognised by the Department for Employment and Learning for teaching in further education, OR give a commitment that you will undertake the Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Further Education) in line with the requirements of the Contract for Lecturers
- Hold a recognised degree (Level 6 or above) in TESOL or English as a Foreign Language OR Hold a degree in a relevant subject AND hold an ELT/TESOL qualification externally validated by a reputable examination body (usually a university or recognised examination board) and/or accredited by a national accrediting body such as Ofqual. This qualification must be at level 5 minimum, contain at least six hours’ supervised teaching practice and a minimum of 100 hours of ELT/TESOL input.
- Hold a minimum of 1 years experience in teaching ESOL/ ELT in the past 5 years.
- Demonstrable knowledge ESOL Skills for Life qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues facing refugees and asylum seekers and the impact in the classroom
- Demonstrable knowledge of how to deal with mixed ability groups
To Apply and for more information on this post and application form is available on Belfast Met’s website using our online recruitment portal or using the link below.
Closing date is 12:00noon on Wednesday 20 February 2019