Excellent opportunity for KMS Engineer - Northern Ireland.
Title: KMS Engineer – Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures (ATSV) team is embarking on a journey to move Application computing to leverage various Cloud provider services.
Within Allstate Information Security, Crypto Key Management Security Engineers are tasked to develop Key Management Governance standards, oversight authority for all key management activities, bears responsibility for maintaining security of keys at all points in their lifecycle. Educate & mentors Business/Technology teams around adoption/ best practices and ensure compliance with all responsibilities for cryptographic key management.
As a Crypto Key Management Security Engineer, this position will be part of an enterprise-wide Information Security Engineering team responsible for Key Management and Encryption operations. The selected candidate will be a part of a team responsible for planning, implementation and support of the Allstate Key Management System (KMS) Platform.
You will be designing and building KMS best practice that will balance the need for speed and flexibility of application cryptography requirements in Datacenter and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS applications. The role holder will play an active role in defining and implementing security controls for this critical service. They will constantly adapt these controls to take account for the changing threat landscape.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Provide SME consultation regarding cryptographic solutions, services, products, projects, cryptographic compliance with association payment networks, PCI DSS, and industry best practices
- Assist in documenting cryptographic policies, procedures, and guidelines. Work alongside senior engineers as interface to governance, compliance, and risk management teams to ensure the system consistently meets the requirements for certification and accreditation.
- Provide SME consultation succinct and intelligible cryptographic reports, comments, and updates to Sr. management teams
- Responsible for PoC, deploying, maintaining encryption and cryptographic key management solution platforms documentation (Configuration/ upgrades) and features for Enterprise use
- Ensuring that the KMS central key repository adopts appropriate security controls for a service of this type.
- Maintains Key Management Practice Statements/ Key Management Operational Procedures
- Maintains accurate key inventory records, including metadata for all keys, for all environments
- Ensure keys exist only at the minimum number of locations necessary for the functional operation of the organization including disaster recovery or redundant processing sites.
- Authorizes and controls key lifecycle events (create/ rotate/ destroy) for keys in all environments, including
- This role will collaborate with various teams such as engineering, networking, database administration
- Understand system security vulnerabilities and associated threats, and assess the overall security risks to KMS and the supported systems. Systems monitoring/ troubleshooting, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime.
- Gather complex cryptographic business requirements and convert to meaningful project tasks and solution documents.
- Continuously consume new developments, changes, innovations, and threats across cryptography landscape (i.e. legislation, broken algorithms, compliance changes, etc.)
- Aware of regulatory and contractual requirements and ensure compliance with those requirements.
- Evidence of consistent technology delivery with at least 5 years of overall work experience in Cybersecurity, of which 3+ years of work experience researching, designing or supporting Key Management Services and associated Infrastructure
- Evidence of setting direction for cryptographic policies, procedures, and guidelines associated with the secure operation of Key Management Systems and/or PKI.
- Evidence of documenting cryptographic policies, procedures, and guidelines associated with the secure operation of Key Management Systems and/or PKI.
- Evidence of interpreting key business or regulatory requirements to provide advice, guidance and solutions based on applying cryptographic approaches
- Evidence of a sustained interest in researching emerging cryptographic techniques, vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- Evidence of providing verbal and written communications to technical and non-technical audiences on key cryptographic concepts
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Security certification (CISSP and or SANS)
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
Closing Date: 22nd February 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.