We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to establish themselves and develop their career as an IT Officer within our team. This role will offer a lot of variety and scope to enhance your knowledge on software, hardware, network infrastructure, and telecommunications.
We are a leading Accountancy and Business Advisory practice within Mid Ulster, enjoying continued success and growth within Northern Ireland. We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to establish themselves and develop their career as an IT Officer within our team. This role will offer a lot of variety and scope to enhance your knowledge on software, hardware, network infrastructure, and telecommunications.
- Responsible for the maintenance and administration of all servers, desktop/laptop PC’s and printers including trouble shooting and support.
- Setting up new computer systems with required software
- Automating business processes using available technology
- Maintaining backups and testing backups regularly
- Responsible for all hardware requisitioning, checking deliveries and invoicing of consumables, equipment, tools and materials and stock control.
- Identifying possible causes of breakdown of systems or hardware and proactively suggesting improvements
- Respond to calls via the Helpdesk, regarding IT equipment, demonstrations, upgrading of hardware, mobiles, laptops, switches, printers, photocopiers, telephones, audio visual equipment etc.
- Participate in staff development and training events when required
- Degree or equivalent 3rd level qualification in IT.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an IT support role
Required Systems Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 / Office 365
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008 R2/2012 R2
- Experience in managing Active Directory
- Experience in using Veeam
Desired Systems Knowledge
- Self-starter with ability to work under own initiative in a planned, measured and controlled manner.
- Ability to communicate progress and present plans for development in a jargon free and straight forward manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, drive and enthusiasm.
There will also be a requirement to travel between offices therefore a current driving licence and vehicle insured for business use is essential.
We offer an excellent remuneration package, along with a generous pension, annual leave and health-care benefits.