Excellent opportunity for an Infrastructure Consultant based in Belfast
Job title: Infrastructure Consultant
Responsible to: Director of Services
Main purpose of the job: Novosco has long been established as a leading provider of high-quality IT solutions and is now seeking to recruit a Senior Infrastructure Consultant to address a growing number of customer engagements around Microsoft products. This role requires both significant customer engagement and engagement with internal Novosco teams in order to design, deliver and support high quality cloud solutions using public or hybrid cloud technology, complemented by Novosco’s existing solution portfolio.
Along with excellent people skills, the post requires excellent knowledge of cloud technologies derived from the execution of production grade cloud projects or cloud related product development. Since cloud technologies are constantly evolving, it’s crucial that the successful applicant is willing to keep up to date with the latest industry developments on an ongoing basis and share such knowledge both internally and externally, with our customers and in supporting Novosco’s activities within local technology communities.
This post will require an individual who is willing and able to work independently equally well as within a team. Whilst support is always available within Novosco, roles at this level are typically lightly managed and the ability for the successful candidate to use their own initiative is key. This role requires a willingness to travel across the UK and Ireland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Increase customer satisfaction by delivering high-quality consulting services on time and on budget.
- Work with our technical architects to implement and deploy leading edge technologies to our customer base.
- Identify opportunities to develop solutions for our customers.
- Assist in the delivery of successful leading-edge proof of concept and early adopter projects.
- Proactively transfer product skills and knowledge to customers as part of the project engagement process.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to address customer business requirements with effective solutions.
- Ability to effectively estimate the effort required to deliver results and to correctly set customer expectations.
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities the post holder must be prepared to undertake such additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the general character or level of responsibility to the post.
Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practices are considered, agreed and implemented.
Skills and qualities required:
Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience of virtualisation technologies (ESXi/Hyper-V/XenServer)
- Experience of SAN solutions (Dell EMC, Huawei); Installing, configuring and troubleshooting
- Experience of installing and configuring high level Citrix Solutions (XenApp/XenDesktop/Netscaler)
- Experience of installing and configuring Windows Server OS (2012 R2 and above)
- Experience of Office 365 solutions
- Experience of installing and configuring of Microsoft Exchange on-premise and in the cloud
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server and/or SharePoint and/or SCOM to latest version
- Experience of Public Cloud solutions (Azure, AWS)
- Experience of Backup and DR solutions (Veeam, Zerto, SRM, Commvault)
- Experience of multi-factor authentication solutions
- Experience of installing and supporting wide-area networking equipment or other communications equipment
- Experience of computer security systems and knowledge of the products currently available
- Experience of working with LinuxUNIX or other non-Windows operating systems
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and methods of computer configuration and operations
- Knowledge and experience of designing complex technical solutions
- A sound knowledge of general networking principles and protocols
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of data communications standards and implementation
- A sound working knowledge of PC and Server hardware (e.g. DELL, HP, Huawei)
- Familiarity with desktop operating systems and a variety of application software
- Knowledge and experience in formal project management and service delivery best practice procedures
Education and Qualifications, one or more of the following:
- VMware qualifications
- Citrix qualifications
- EMC qualifications
- Microsoft qualifications, MCSE or higher
- Cisco qualifications, CCNA or higher
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work to meet targets.
- Excellent customer facing and telephone skills.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills including the ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify, develop and implement innovative and flexible approaches to support delivery.
- A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills.
- A flexible approach to the job.
- Can demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care.
- Strong time management and coordination skills.
- Willing to travel for work purposes
- A full driving licence – preferably clean
Training: Internal training on products and services will be provided. However, staff are expected to consistently keep abreast of new developments, which would impact on their areas of responsibility. Personal training in relation to this job description will be given as part of the company’s overall personnel development program.
We have won the following accolades:
- Placed in the Sunday Times Best Company to work for 4 years in a row
- Accredited a 2* and outstanding rank in the Best Companies 2017
- One of the highest accredited VMware partners in Ireland
- UTV Employer of the Year 2015
- Winner of the Belfast Telegraph Company of the Year 2015
- Irish News Workplace and Employment Award winners in the categories of Best Place to Work and Workplace Wellbeing.
Benefits our employees enjoy include:
- Daily fruit deliveries
- Onsite gym
- Free Parking
- Flexible working
Conditions of Employment Salary: The salary and benefits for this position will be determined according to the experience of the person appointed.General Guidance: The nominal working week is 37.5 hours, although a degree of flexibility is both offered and expected. In specific circumstances there may be a requirement to work additional hours. Annual holidays are 24 days plus 7 statutory holidays. Novosco Ltd operates a Non Smoking Policy. Novosco Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer