Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £20000 - 25000
Updated 2 days ago
Spa Nursing Homes have an exciting opportunity for a HR Officer to join their team to provide advice, support and guidance to managers and staff on a range of HR related issues.
JOB TITLE: HR Officer
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
The Post holder will provide advice, support and guidance to employees and Managers across a number of businesses in the healthcare and hospitality sectors on a range of HR related issues such as disciplinary, grievance, absence management, performance management, maternity/paternity, employment law issues. The post holder will provide an efficient and effective HR service. The post holder will be based at Head Office but may be required to travel to other company sites as required, as such the post holder must hold a full UK driving licence and have access to their own transport in order to fulfil the duties of the post.
LEVEL OF QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The post holder must hold Associate level membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and have at least 2 years’ experience within a similar role.
A third level qualification in a HR related subject and at least 3 years relevant experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry / healthcare industry is desirable.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are Key Duties & Responsibilities of the postholder.
The post holder will be required to:
1. Provide advice, guidance and support to employees and line managers in relation to a range of HR issues, whilst at all times minimising risk and financial exposure, e.g.
• Employee relations – Chair / arrange / facilitate / take notes at investigation meetings, disciplinary hearings, grievance hearings and appeal hearings and other formal/informal meetings in line with company policy, legislative requirements and best practice as required.
• Performance management – assisting and advising managers in relation to the staff performance, appraisals and probationary review processes and preparation of associated documentation.
• Employee welfare – monitoring levels of long and short term absence and liaising with Managers in relation to appropriate action as per company policies and procedures.
2. Manage the recruitment process from drafting and placement of advertisements in line with current legislation; arranging interviews / participating in interview process as required; making offers of employment verbally and in writing; obtaining satisfactory references and proof of qualification/registration with professional bodies as required; obtaining satisfactory Access NI clearance as required; participating on the Conviction Disclosure Panel regarding disclosure of information in relation to criminal convictions; Liaising with recruitment agencies; Drafting and issuing Statements of Main Terms and Conditions of Employment and ensuring satisfactory return as required; Maintenance of Fair Employment Monitoring records and compilation of data for Fair Employment returns, undertaking annual Monitoring Returns where requested.
3. Maintain staff list inclusive of new starter and leaver details.
4. Maintain up to date records in relation to competitor rates of pay. Produce reports relating to this as requested.
5. Update weekly labour information/manpower records, providing summary of recruitment activities undertaken/outstanding to key personnel.
6. Maintain accurate and up to date knowledge of employment legislation in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and apply this within the workplace.
7. Carry out and/or oversee administration duties relating to all HR functions.
8. Monitor and respond to information requests, both internal and external, and ensure a timely and accurate response.
9. Ensure that computerised and manual HR records are kept up to date.
10. Tracking of key dates / expiry dates, taking appropriate action where required in relation to:
• Recruitment; Disciplinary and grievance; probationary review, driving on company business; proof of eligibility to work in UK / Ireland as applicable; maternity / paternity; absence management; Registration with statutory bodies such as Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC).
11. Preparation of disciplinary outcome letters including notification of informal and formal outcomes.
12. Provide clear instructions and accurate information to the Human Resources Administrator, taking care to monitor and evaluate their work to ensure that standards are maintained and deadlines adhered to.
13. Coordinate the annual training schedule for all business units as required, whilst maintaining and updating associated records.
14. Supporting the HR Manager/s in maintaining an efficient and effective HR service and in the development of policies and procedures as required on an ongoing basis.
15. Assist with Monitoring returns.
16. Ensure that company policies and procedures are utilised and promoted through his/her own actions and those of any staff for whom he/she has responsibility.
17. Co-operate fully with the implementation of company and statutory Health and Safety arrangements, reporting any accidents/incidents/equipment defects to his/her manager, in a timely manner and maintaining a clean, uncluttered and safe working environment.
18. Adhere at all times to all company policies/procedures.
19. All employees of the company are legally responsible for all records held, created or used as part of their business throughout the course of their duties including administrative records whether paper-based or electronic and also including emails.
20. Take responsibility for his/her own ongoing learning and development, including full participation in development reviews/appraisals, in order to maximise his/her potential and continue to meet the demands of the post.
21. Represent the company’s commitment to providing the highest possible standard of service to clients and members of the public, by treating all those with whom he/she comes into contact in the course of work, in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner.
22. Understand that this post may evolve over time, and that this Job Description will therefore be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time.
23. Work flexibly as directed by management to provide support according to the business needs.
Applicants wishing to apply for this post should submit their CV via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button. The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd February 2019