Excellent opportunity for a Home Administrator based in Lurgan
JOB TITLE: Home Administrator
HOURS: 37.5 hours
LOCATION: Aughnacloy House, Lurgan
REPORTS TO: Home Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To manage the financial administration that supports the business of operating a care home in the following key areas, in priority order:
- Sales ledger
- Personal allowances
- Cash handling
- Purchase ledger
- Other miscellaneous administration duties as time allows.
The post requires both high degrees of numeracy and IT skills.
The post holder must be smart in presentation and professional in conduct.
MAIN DUTIES AND TASKS
Use of computerised database (Carefree) to include:
- preparing data required for salaries and wages
- updating absence information to include sick lines
- updating and maintaining training records
Maintain accurate records of, for example:
- all pensions/monies received
- monies due to Support staff such as Hairdresser and Chiropodist
- resident’s personal allowances
- fees and ‘top-ups’ ready for inspection
- comfort & staff funds and collection of receipts
- Communication of all admissions, deaths, discharges, temporary absences, fee rate changes and any other relevant information.
- The maintenance of a personal administration file for each resident.
- The banking and reporting of any monies received on a weekly basis.
- Establishing a payment method with the individual resident or their representative in line with Company policy.
- Ensuring that fee rate changes are notified to each resident as directed.
- To ensure that Terms and Conditions of Admission are supplied to each resident or their representative and an acceptance of those terms recorded.
- To manage client contributions and private fee debt in accordance with company policy.
- To conduct all business in accordance with Policy and Procedure laid down in Administrator manual.
- To ensure that all invoices submitted for payment in accordance with Company procedure
- The reconciliation of all weekly timesheets and data entry into the payroll database.
- Accurate reporting of any agency staff hours employed throughout the week.
- To maintain the home’s patient diary, ensuring that it is complete, accurate and submitted on time.
- Petty cash float – maintain the homes petty cash account and report balance at month end.
- Amenities/fund raising accounts – as above.
- Residents personal allowance account – as above.
- To safe guard all company, public and personal monies, including resident’s pension and benefits books, cheque books, cash and valuables that the role necessities handling.
- To assist the Home manager with clerical and secretarial duties as time allows.
- Any other administrative duties as required.
This Job Description is not meant to be definitive but is an outline of the post as it is currently perceived. We reserve the right to amend this document at any time according to business need.
The Company is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service and employees are expected to treat those with whom they come into contact in a caring, courteous and respectful manner at all times
The Company operates a No Smoking Policy
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer