Excellent opportunity for a Head of Continuous Improvement based in Monaghan
Head of Continuous Improvement
An opportunity exists for a full-time, permanent, Head of Continuous Improvement / Excellence Manager, reporting to the CEO.
The Head of Continuous Improvement will be responsible for the CMP Way initiatives leading the business towards world class operations management standards and will drive operational improvement activities to increase efficiency of operations, whilst supporting Safety and Quality improvement.
- Work with the CMP leadership team and external consultants to develop a clear and future state CI strategy for the business.
- Deliver the implementation of the strategy across the sites embedding lean principles and championing a lean culture with a view to become self-sustaining
- Manage and constantly strive for the improvement of data collection systems to ensure they are fit for purpose and driving maximum value
- Development and delivery of training programmes across the business in relation to our management process, data analysis, problem solving, 5S and Waste Walks.
- The CI Manager will have several levels of interactions across numerous businesses within CMP and you will support, mentor and grow the capabilities of these teams and individuals.
- Specify and coordinate best practices between teams and ensure the transfer of such practices to each team
- Identify and recommend team specific or company-wide improvement initiatives and opportunities
- Work with the Operations management team and other cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for improvement
- Proven lean transformation experience with a passion for change within a complimentary sector
- The ability to operate throughout all sites in a hands-on way, delivering measurable change and providing a clear direction for our lean culture.
- Strong programme management skills
- You will have the ability to work within a matrix structure interfacing across all levels of the business, and be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Strong communication, coaching and leadership skills.
- Continued willingness to learn and self-develop
- Understanding of Financial KPI’s
- IT Proficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A recognised Lean qualification is desirable
- Awareness and experience of working in an FMCG environment
- Salary negotiable for the right person
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to forward an up to date CV