A field based qualified auto electrician role covering installations and service works on telematics and vehicle CCTV systems mainly in ROI and also NI. The ideal candidate would be located approximately an hour from Dublin to cover works within this area.
Mobile Auto Electrician / Service Engineer – Vehicle CCTV
Very Competive Salary + Overtime Pay + Company Van with Fuel Card + Company Mobile
**Great opportunity for an intermediate to experienced Auto Electrician / Field Service Engineer looking for a permanent position with immediate start, excellent benefits package and opportunities for progression!
- Simplicity Group, founded in 2009, is the largest provider of fleet telematics & Vehicle CCTV solutions in Ireland, serving over 1,000 customers and with their solutions installed in over 15,000 vehicles.
- Simplicity Group provides its customers with market leading Telematics and Vehicle CCTV solutions. As a TomTom Telematics Platinum Partner, we are responsible for supplying and installing our products into some of the UK and Ireland’s Largest Fleets.
- The Simplicity Group pave the way in providing innovative communications products and services to businesses throughout the UK and Ireland.
- We are looking for talented individuals in a selection of roles to join our successful and rapidly expanding company. We provide a dynamic, positive working environment which allows people to develop and enhance their skills through structured training.
- If you’re looking for more than just another job and have the skills, drive and ambition, join the Simplicity Group team and be part of our continued success.
- The Simplicity Group is an equal opportunities employer. All job applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of age, sex, race, religion, marital status, origin, sexual orientation or disability.
You will be a field based auto electrician and responsible for carrying out installation, service and maintenance of our vehicle CCTV and Telematics systems into various types of commercial vehicles for some of the largest UK and Irish fleets. Hands on experience with HGVs, light commercials and other specialist vehicles are a must. Travel will be required for some project based work, with company vehicle and fuel card provided.
The role is highly rewarding, and requires someone who is focused and driven. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a great opportunity to develop skills within a dynamic, ambitious and rapidly growing business, and grow to more senior levels very quickly.
Salary is negotiable for the right candidate with huge potential for overtime earnings. Full training provided, work with the best and on the very latest vehicle technology.
Personal Qualities / Skills
- Automotive electrical experience of both 12VDC and 24VDC systems is a must.
- Experience with working with a wide range of commercial vehicles advantage (waste, construction, commercial haulage, bus & coach, emergency response etc.)
- Good customer services skills are essential with daily client interaction.
- Good logical and fault-finding techniques.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and to timelines.
- Experienced in the use of electrical automotive testing/installation equipment.
- Good practical skills for using a range of tools and electronic instruments.
- Relevant auto electrician qualification advantage (NVQ, City and Guilds etc.)
- The ability to read electrical wiring diagrams.
- IT/PC Literate.
- Conscientious professional who is organised and dedicated.
- Must have a full driving license (clean preferred).
- An awareness of health and safety.
- To be good with your hands, and physically fit to cope with lifting, bending and working on commercial vehicles.
- Traveling to various client sites / liaising with clients on site.
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work overtime
- Installation of vehicle camera / vehicle CCTV equipment.
- Installation of blindspot detection systems (warning alarms, blindspot / parking sensors).
- Attending service calls to fault diagnosis and repair where necessary.
- To take responsibility for personal health and safety.
- Engineers are required in the following locations:
- Northern Ireland
- Dublin Area