Excellent opportunity for Facilitator based in Mid Ulster.
The Manufacturing & Engineering Growth & Advancement network (MEGA) is seeking to appoint a ‘Facilitator’ to work, co-ordinate and manage the implementation of an action plan designed to address the immediate and medium-term skills and employability issues facing the Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing sectors in the Mid Ulster Council area. The project will be supported by Invest NI via Collaborative Growth Programme and will run for a 30-month period commencing upon the appointment of the successful Facilitator.
Applications are invited from candidates who have knowledge, experience and skills in the following areas;
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of local Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing to the local economy
- Experience in developing and delivering commercially driven Strategies and or Action Plans
- Business Development experience preferably in the Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing sector
- Direct hands-on experience in working across multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of the NI education system including third level training relating to the Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing sector
- Track record in managing and delivering multiple projects on time and on budget
- Proficiency in the use of word processing, Power Point, spreadsheet and email IT packages
- Strong relationship management, communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Increasing the number of employees overall in Mid-Ulster Manufacturing and Engineering organisations.
- Attracting new employees from other industries, sectors, regions and territories.
- Ensure the collaborative network brand is marketed effectively to promote Mid Ulster Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting of the EAMS activity, outcomes and impacts, reporting quarterly to the EAMS Network, Mid Ulster Skills Forum and Invest NI Collaborative Growth Team.
- Engage when appropriate with the Invest NI Collaborative Growth Programme team and or Mid Ulster Council staff in the co-ordination, facilitation and delivery of stakeholder engagement workshops for emerging and existing supported collaborative projects.
- Represent Mid-Ulster Manufacturing and Engineering organisations by engaging with external stakeholders such as education bodies, councils etc in order to deliver effective on EAMS action plan.
- Leverage when necessary additional support and or sign post the network members to appropriate resources
- Develop the Terms of Reference, including appropriate governance, reporting and admin structures for the network
- Organise and manage workshops/events in accordance with the project plan and associated budget under the guidance and direction of the EAMS Network
- Constantly work to understand the issues raised by the members and develop any additional action plans under the guidance of the Steering Groups. E.g. developing strategies and or hosting workshops to tackle sector specific challenges such as Industry 4.0 and or upskilling.
- Generate and co-ordinate all necessary papers pre and post events.
- Co-ordinate and manage the development of an agreed communication strategy and initiate appropriate public relations in agreement with members and relevant stake holders using all forms of communication e.g. social media.
- Represent the EAMS Network at relevant workshops, conferences and events, developing and delivering appropriate briefings, presentations and reports.
- Identify opportunities and help build the network so that it can respond effectively to the opportunities presented.
Applicants must hold:
- A full driving licence and have use of a vehicle for business purposes OR have access to a form of transport which will permit travel throughout Northern Ireland to meet the requirements of the post in full in a timely and effective manner;
- A valid passport and be prepared to travel internationally if required.
Please click here for full Job Description
Please complete and return your Application Form via the APPLY NOW button.