The Engineering Manager is key to unlocking the potential of our engineers.
The Engineering Manager is key to unlocking the potential of our engineers, to help them realise their professional development and career ambitions, and to continuously push the bounds of best practice within Engineering Europe, whilst delivering the highest quality software at the fastest possible velocity.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, passionate, dedicated and highly productive Engineering Manager for our Engineering Europe office. Engineering Europe develops our Genius product, our key market differentiator, and also the Payment Gateway which Genius integrates into. The engineering manager is responsible for a number of teams across a range of concurrent projects and initiatives, and will collaborate with colleagues from the Boston office, and will be well-versed in handling multiple channels of activity.
The engineering teams are responsible for the full life-cycle analysis, design, development and testing of our software, including security and performance aspects. The Engineering Manager is expected to contribute leadership and best practices across the life-cycle for multiple concurrent projects, as well as providing support and mentoring to their teams.
- Establish technical direction across the organization with a sound and pragmatic approach to delivering the highest quality software at the fastest possible velocity
- Realise the potential of every engineer through excellent leadership, support and mentoring
- Manage multiple engineering team across Embedded (C/C++) and Gateway (C#) product lines
- Work with Product Architects to ensure engineering efforts are delivering the correct product requirements
- Work with Engineering Management to define best practices and ensure they are being adhered to
- Co-ordinate with Delivery to ensure efforts are being planned, prioritized, executed and reported against
- Ensure projects are delivered to Production in a timely and quality manner
- Triage of production issues to understand root causes
- Conduct 1-2-1s, performance reviews and career management with team members
- Ensure dependencies are managed, issues resolved and risks highlighted ahead of team to maximize the product flow of the engineering teams
- Ensure teams are consuming from, and contributing to, strategic engineering initiatives such as Cayan Open Source initiatives, Test Execution Framework, Engineering Lab, Performance Lab etc
- Conduct Interviews and technical auditions to expand the engineering team footprint
- Play an “in the trench” leadership role – conduct standups, attend Analysis and Design workshops, oversee release deployments etc.
- Contribute to strategic resource planning and allocation, and execution of company expansion plans – Cayan is a continuously growing engineering center and you are a key part of its future success!
- BSc or MSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Background in engineering using at least two of C, C++, C# or Java in a Lean or Agile environment
- Experience of a team lead role in a Lean or Agile environment
- Experience of an engineering management role or equivalent (development manager etc.) in a Lean or Agile environment
- Experience of working on product-style software engineering projects
- Experience of working on professional services-style software engineering projects
- Experience of test engineering or Quality Assurance
- Experience of security-oriented software engineering
- Experience of performance-oriented software engineering
In addition to a very competitive salary we also provide an excellent benefits package including: free car parking, private medical care, health cash plan, contributory pension, life insurance, income protection and free subscription with Belfast Bikes.
You also get to work in an award winning office and enjoy 25 days annual leave + 10 public holidays in addition to many other little perks such as lunch every other Friday, fresh fruit and more.
Have a look at how we work; tsys.com/belfast