We are looking for an exceptional individual with experience in embedded programming for networking hardware and adept in IoT security and best practises.
Embedded Software Engineer (Belfast)
The role is based at our new office in historical Ormeau Baths in the heart of Belfast.
- Evolving our NeutronOS firmware for a gateway and edge device which communicate over BT Mesh and then to our cloud using MQTT.
- Porting NeutronOS to multiple hardware architectures
- Assisting global partners who wish to adopt NeutronOS to their hardware architectures
Desired Skills & Experience:
- C/Embedded C
- Bluetooth (Mesh, BLE)
- Programming an I2C master interface / UART / SPI
- Setting up a factory process and gang programming
- Secure FOTA update procedures
- WiFi 2.4 / 5 Chipsets
- Ethernet and PoE
- Shipped a product in volume
- Basic understanding of cryptography (TLS 1.2 & X.509)
- Work with variable voltages and currents, measuring both accurately in hardware
- Creating APIs for use over serial communication channels with other chipsets
- Knowledge of software development processes e.g. Agile, Scrum
- Experience with continuous integration software development processes and configuration management tools
- 5+ years’ relevant Industry experience
- University Degree in Electronics Engineering / Physics / Computer Science
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with NXP, IDT SoC
- Experience with Silicon Labs SoC
- Experience with ARM based SoC
- Knowledge of networks protocols and technologies (tcp/ip, Wi-Fi,,Zigbee)
- AWS IoT Device SDK (Embedded C, FreeRTOS)
- Bluetooth Mesh & BLE
Background + Attributes we’re looking for:
We are looking for bold, collaborative and creative people to help us deliver foundational technology that transforms the way the world manages and monetises power. Demonstrated ability to be an independent worker, true self-starter, who takes initiative to get the job done
Please forward your CV via the APPLY button below.