Location UK / Armagh
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary See description
Updated 12 hours ago
Excellent opportunity for Deputy Head of School for Hospitality Tourism Business & Management based in Portadown.
POST REF: LSRC19/08
POST: DEPUTY HEAD OF SCHOOL FOR HOSPITALITY, TOURISM, BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
DURATION: PERMANENT CONTRACT
HOURS: FULL TIME
GRADE: LECTURER GRADE (WITH 4 RESPONSIBILITY POINTS)
SALARY: £22,609 – £32,778 (PLUS £1629 X 4 = £6516) PER ANNUM
LOCATION: PORTADOWN CAMPUS
(The successful candidate will also be required to manage and attend the Newry Campus)
(There will be a requirement to travel to other campuses)
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF SCHOOL FOR HOSPITALITY, TOURISM, BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
The post holder will report to the Head of School and provide a key role in the development and management of hospitality, tourism & food curriculum across one or more college campuses. He/she will have direct management responsibility for all operational activities pertaining to the allocated campus(es).
1. A minimum of a Degree (or higher) in Tourism, Hospitality or Food related discipline.
(Please include the units/modules covered to demonstrate the level of coverage of discipline areas).
2. A pass grade at GCSE Level in English or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
3. A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.
4. Post Graduate Certificate in Further and Higher Education PGCE(FE) or equivalent qualification recognised by the Department for the Economy for teaching in Northern Ireland.
5. A minimum of five years’ (in the last seven years’) teaching/training or industrial experience within Tourism, Hospitality or Food.
6. Within the five years’ experience outlined above, two years’ must be at a management level* within industry or FE area of Tourism, Hospitality or Food.
* Management is defined as managing a team, course or function within this area.
Other Essential Criteria
7. A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland, and access to a car for official business purposes. (Please refer to the General section in the application pack for further information).
Completed application forms must be submitted not later than: 4:00pm on Tuesday 26th February 2019
To apply for this post please click the APPLY NOW button below to visit our site.
Southern Regional College is a child care organisation and complies with the requirements of the Safeguarding Regulations.
Southern Regional College is an Equal Opportunities Employer.