Band 6 - £26,302 - £35,225
Fixed Term, 1 year 35 hours per week
SAHS is looking for an experienced, self-motivated and dynamic person to join their Fundraising Team. This role involves working throughout the Southern Board Area to generate and maximize revenue for Hospice services.
The post-holder will be responsible for leading and managing the Hospice’s existing corporate relationships to secure donations, Charity of the Year partnerships, employee fundraising initiatives and sponsorship. You will support our corporate partners to achieve their Corporate Social Responsibility aims including through the provision of corporate volunteering opportunities. You will manage any hospice-led corporate events and support our corporate partners with their larger scale fundraising events, and proactively seek and secure new corporate supporters for the Hospice with a view to building long-term and mutually beneficial relationships.
- To achieve or exceed the agreed income target within the agreed expenditure budget.
- To accurately log all income and expenditure and prepare reports for the Fundraising Management Team.
- To monitor corporate fundraising performance and propose revised plans to accommodate variances.
- To plan a corporate fundraising strategy in conjunction with the management team.
- To devise and deliver mechanisms for generating funds from companies including payroll giving, sponsorship, donations, gifts in kind, events, cause related marketing and employee fundraising.
- To identify and approach new companies in order to secure new corporate supporters.
- To provide effective leadership and manage the performance of Corporate, Donors
- To project manage any Hospice-led corporate events (including Hospice own networking events) and support other corporate events where the Hospice is a beneficiary.
- To deliver exceptional account management to companies and employees to build mutually beneficial relationships and to maximise their contribution throughout the course of their involvement.
- To manage our corporate volunteering opportunities and the corporate partnerships.
- Work positively with and support volunteers where appropriate to ensure their contribution to our work is both valued and recognised.
- To communicate, influence and negotiate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- To work closely with other members of the fundraising and retail teams to ensure a thorough understanding of Hospice work and potential funding opportunities.
- To work with other fundraisers to proactively cross-sell products including direct debits, legacy events and gifts in celebration.
- To develop marketing materials (internally or, where budget allows, with an external supplier) for Corporate events and activities.
- To meet and engage with potential and existing supports via networking and other external events including public speaking and presentations at public events.
- To utilise social media platforms.
- To be responsible for own administration and ensure all corporate donor records and communications are kept up to date.
- To keep abreast of current legislation, fundraising issues and market trends and developments within the corporate sector.
- To attend meetings and events outside office hours.
- To be conversant with relevant charity legislation and guidance and to have a good knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
- Participate in and support continuous improvement plans to promote a culture of fundraising excellence across the organisation and in line with best practice procedures. This will include cross working throughout the fundraising teams when necessary.
This job description should not be regarded as restrictive or definitive but acts as a broad guide to the demands of the post.