Excellent opportunity for a Communications and Marketing Support Officer based in Belfast
Job Title: COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING SUPPORT OFFICER
Responsible To: Director of Engagement & Income Generation
Hours Per Week:35 hours per week
Location: HQ, 21 Dublin Road Belfast
Salary: £23,866 (NJC Point 26)
Contract: Full Time Permanent
An exciting new post is being created within the Engagement team, to help provide additional resource to meet the increasing needs and requirements across the charity for the communications, digital and marketing support, as the charity continues to grow and develop as a leading local health charity across Northern Ireland.
The charity has set out a new ambitious 5 year strategy to significantly grow and develop its core care and prevention offering as well as to introduce new much needed support services and it is the responsibility of the Engagement team to grow and broaden the NICHS engaged audience to help enable this growth.
You will work closely with the Engagement Manager, playing an important role in helping to develop and deliver the overall communications strategy and plans to support the charity’s needs and goals.
You will play an active role in developing and maximising the use of all communications platforms to effectively inform and grow an engaged support base, as well as improve internal communications and shared knowledge across a regionally spread team.
- To support in the delivery of the engagement plan, meeting all set KPIs and targets
- To provide communications support across the charity including; NICHS’s care and prevention products and services, policy work, research and fundraising
- To work closely with the wider team to help develop and deliver a creative stakeholder cultivation and stewardship events calendar, to include the annual Conference and AGM and annual Staff Day
- To pro-actively research and piggyback promotional opportunities to profile the charity and disseminate information at relevant third party events, exhibitions and conferences
- To provide accurate high quality writing and editing support for outbound online and offline communication including promotional materials, web copy, press releases and other brand collateral to ensure marketing effectiveness and adherence to brand guidelines and best practice communications
- To gather and write relevant case studies from service users and volunteers
- To help develop internal communication platforms, including responsibility for staff e-news, road shows and workshops, development of new initiatives and ways to improve knowledge sharing between staff based across NI
- To play an active role in growing the supporter database
- To work with the wider NICHS team to ensure that the branding and visibility of logo and info is maximised at all events and opportunities
- Help prepare the bi-annual Supporter Newsletter and develop the distribution plan to maximise placement and readership
- To support the Engagement Manager in developing and delivering an integrated digital engagement plan which feeds into the overall engagement strategy and which will enable the charity to broaden its public-facing profile and ultimately increase supporter engagement and income. To include: social media, website and e-comms
- To lead on the creation of engaging and relevant, content, imagery and video content for NICHS’s digital platforms
- To play an active role in the cross departmental Engagement Working Group to help ensure the wider team goals are met and to ensure a joined up approach
- To manage NICHS’s digital advertising and paid social media posts which support campaigns, events, appeals and initiatives, including creating, testing and optimising conversion landing pages
- To support the development of a new website and its continuous improvement by maintaining and delivering new content and monitoring and improving functionality and user experience and engagement, ensuring kept relevant and up to date
- To monitor and measure success and report on all digital marketing and communications activity to support the wider needs of the organisation
- To provide online communications support across the charity including NICHS’s care and prevention products and services, policy work, research and fundraising
- Research and develop new potential platforms to grow audiences
- Keep abreast and report on changing trends and competitor analysis
Please click here to view full job description
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
Completed applications should be returned no later than 12 noon on Monday 18 February 2019