Location UK / Down
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary £30000 - 40000
Updated 7 days ago
We are currently looking for a Commercial Mechanical Estimator to provide accurate costings for M&E projects of a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, from bespoke plantrooms, risers, laterals & prefabricated solutions.
Alternative Heat Ltd specializes in the design, supply, Installation and maintenance of a wide range of commercial heating solutions throughout the UK & Ireland. We specialise in offsite fabrication and supply a wide range of skid mounted and containerised, commercial energy centres for the oil, gas and renewable industry.
We offer a range of renewable solutions including biomass boilers, ground and air source heat pumps, solar thermal and underfloor heating for the commercial sector throughout the UK & Ireland.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us during a time of growth, to work on some exciting projects.
Job Title: Commercial Mechanical Estimator
Reporting to: Senior Commercial Estimator
Location: Head Office, Banbridge
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Closing Date: 5.00 pm on the 26th February 2019
The candidate will be responsible for generating detailed costing sheets for turnkey commercial projects which will involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment. The candidate will maintain a seamless link in liaison with our contract managers, purchasing department & wider commercial department from initial design through to installation and completion for each project. An important aspect will also be, assisting in completing detailed post job analysis to review where costs were over/under so that continuous improvement can be achieved.
Key responsibilities of the post holder will include:
• To provide estimated costs of proposed projects and survey/cost completed works.
• To carry out estimating for a wide range of commercial heating projects including associated electrical works & building works.
• Produce detailed take-offs of major items of plant and cost accordingly.
• Complete mechanical & electrical take offs from schematics & 3-D designs and collate into material & labour costs.
• Produce detailed take-offs of mechanical & electrical modular frames associated with prefabrication works.
• Quantify & cost accordingly the required labour to complete the works being costed.
• Review of project & tender specifications to assist in bid/no bid decisions.
• Source & assess equipment supplier & sub-contractor’s quotes.
• Liaise with specialist contractors & suppliers and obtain accurate costings for any specialist or construction/civils works as required.
• Liaise with the purchasing department and monitor / control the day-to-day costings of all estimated contracts, up to and including production of final accounts.
• Liaise with purchasing department and contracts managers to ensure that materials, equipment and plant detailed in original specifications and drawings are ordered in line with quotations received at design stage.
• Attend & where necessary lead internal post award meetings with key commercial, design & contracts team who will deliver projects.
• To attend site meetings alongside design engineers & contracts managers as required both pre & post contract award.
This role is aimed to be predominantly office based, (8.00am – 5pm, Monday to Friday). There may be an occasional requirement to travel to UK and Ireland.
• A Degree in Mechanical, Quantity Surveying or Cost Engineering or similar relevant area
• Demonstrate a high level of experience in the area.
• Good Microsoft Office skills – to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Knowledge of estimating software
• Good knowledge of contracts
• Demonstrate a track record of estimating/ cost engineering on Mechanical & Electrical projects from initial budget enquiry, detail design pricing to full tender pricing.
• Demonstrate good commercial awareness and attention to detail.
• Ability to read & understand schematics and complete detailed take-offs.
• Highly customer focussed.
Skills and Attributes:
• Good organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to report on current and pipeline
• Motivated and driven
• Good communication skills
Join our growing team in this exciting and challenging role, by sending your CV or alternatively call Monica Smyth, HR Manager at 02843770700, Extn: 2700 to discuss the role in detail.