Excellent opportunity for a Chef de Partie based in Belfast
Beautifully simple, yet simply beautiful, the Grand Central brings the new era of modern hotel luxury to Belfast with its timeless design, classic service and true style that promises all guests a captivating experience.
The Grand Central is Northern Ireland’s largest hotel, boasting the best views of Belfast as well as being a great place to work.
Hastings Hotels are now offering an amazing opportunity for an exceptional hospitality professional to apply for the position of Chef de Partie.
Vacancy Title: Chef de Partie
Location Grand Central Hotel, Belfast
Key Duties will include:
- Assisting in the supervision of the smooth and efficient operation of the kitchens to ensure the Hotel’s reputation for food quality is always maintained.
- Ensuring the planning, preparation, cooking and presentation of food is always to the standards required by the Hotel and its guests.
- To supervise the kitchen employees, to ensure efficient operation of the kitchen function and delivery of Hastings product and service standards.
- To promote and contribute to a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- To ensure quality standards and procedures are fully understood and implemented, and daily checking procedures are fully applied.
- To ensure company policies relating to stock control and stock ordering are implemented and monitored.
- To ensure all kitchen employees receive the appropriate training and coaching to provide effective and efficient service in line with Hastings standards.
- To ensure all kitchen employees work to trained standards, providing feedback to deliver effective and efficient service in line with Hastings standards.
- To maintain effective communication and relationships with other hotel departments and suppliers to maintain an effective operation and ensure guest satisfaction.
- To ensure the security of kitchen and storage areas is maintained at all times.
- To ensure the kitchen areas, fixtures and equipment are properly maintained and presented to Hastings standards.
- To ensure a safe environment is maintained in compliance with health, safety, fire, hygiene and security legislation and company policies and procedures.
- To ensure the hotel’s compliance with all matters relating to licensing laws, Customs and Excise Regulations and all other relevant legislation.
This is an exciting yet demanding role requiring a confident, experienced chef who can deliver a standard of service synonymous with the Hastings brand.
Applicants must have previous experience at a similar level gained within a high quality catering operation. They should have NVQ Level 2 (or an equivalent qualification) in food preparation and cooking and hold a recognised food hygiene certificate.
The Chef de Partie role is a full-time position with a competitive salary on offer.
To apply, please forward your CV together with a covering letter of application by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below