Responsible for the day to day management of a purchasing profile with focus on continuous improvement within purchasing.
Decora’s calibre and over 35 years history are described through the company’s products. With the development, the corporate strategies and the attention the company has paid to new technology, the blinds created by Decora can be truly appreciated by observing the amount of time and thought put into each product.
Supplying a wide range of systems, componentry and made to measure blinds, Decora can offer exclusive and distinctive blind products to trade customers who demand the very best. These venerable, specialized services offer customers the opportunity to receive a reliant service by delivering the latest innovations in the blind market.
Continually investing in training and technology, Decora have been awarded the ISO 9001 quality standard, ISO 14001 environmental standard and have been recognised as Investors in People.
Job Title: Buyer
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Procurement / buying of direct / indirect materials in line with inventory targets.
- Raising purchase requisitions and purchase orders for suppliers.
- Progressing / expediting orders with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries and maintenance of appropriate inventory levels.
- Validating and implementing MRP outputs.
- Monitoring supplier performance.
- Maintenance of supplier schedules in line with demand requirements.
- Ensuring cost effectiveness of all purchases.
- Interprets data and provides recommendations and/or defines trends that result in improved inventory holding efficiency.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely maintenance of all systems and records.
- Developing and testing systems within the purchasing department.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal department managers.
- Developing / maintaining current ISO standards.
- Provide cover and assistance to colleagues when required.
- Additional duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Educated to A Level standard with GCSEs Grade C passes, to include English & Math’s or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience of buying / procurement within an MRP environment;
- Experience of purchasing and procurement within a manufacturing or FMCG environment.
- Working knowledge of efficient materials flow and best practice;
- Experience of supplier selection;
- Strong track record of negotiating procurement / buying terms;
- Experience of report writing;
- 2 years experience of using an ERP system and specific Purchasing modules on an ERP system;
- Expert knowledge of Excel functions including V Lookup, Pivot tables, formulas etc;
- High level of computer literacy, to include MS PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or similar;
- Level 4 CIPS Qualification;
- Previous experience of Navision or similar ERP system;
- Willing to travel.
Please forward your CV and covering letter, which demonstrate how the above criteria are met, through the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
Closing date: Tuesday 19th February 2019.
*Please note applicants of B1/12.18 need not apply.
Please click here to view Applicant Privacy Notice