Excellent opportunity for a Business Development Manager based in Western Australia/Perth
Business Unit: Sales
Job Title:Business Development Manager
Reporting to :Regional Director
Welcome to CDE
CDE is the leading provider of wet processing equipment for quarries, mines and recycling operations on the global market. The CDE equipment range has applications across a wide range of materials and is delivering significant efficiencies in the construction and recycling, mining, specialist industrial sands and environmental sectors.
Working across 5 industry sectors and 8 strategic regions globally, CDE has been co-creating with customers for over 20 years. The team has been widely recognised for challenging the paradigm of traditional washing equipment supply and delivering collaborative, imaginative and unique processing systems. Our team thrives in an environment where people are genuinely empowered to lead and deliver highly strategic and innovative projects.
CDE is now seeking to appoint a high-calibre Business Development Manager to join our Sales team.
Reporting directly to the Regional Director and based in the local market, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing existing customer sales throughout Western Australia and beyond (both directly and through the growth of solid partnerships), as well as closing existing opportunities and developing new leads together with generating new business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Achieve revenue targets and business objectives within the region
- Build customer relationships, rapport and trust to effectively manage the full sales cycle including the negotiation’s on major projects
- Coordinate and follow-up on existing leads and generate new leads in an effective and structured manner.
- Effectively manage long consultative selling cycles for capital equipment as well as fulfilling shorter term customer requirements.
- Identification, profiling, analysis and implementation of new business opportunities in the nominated market.
- Contribute to the on-going planning and development of the Company’s sales and marketing and business development strategies.
- Attract and retain suitable business partners and agents to promote and sell the CDE product range.
- Interpret customer requirements and create solutions using the technical and commercial resources available within the company
- Contribute to new product/service development, promotion/distribution, customer care and the Company’s approach to quality through the presentation of customer feedback and market research.
- Manage all public relations and promotional activity undertaken by the Company in conducting business with its customers in the nominated region, building CDE brand awareness and developing Unique Selling Points.
- Develop, update and maintain a database of existing and potential customers through the development and implementation of a “Customer Relationship Management” system.
- Demonstrate the technical ability of CDE products to potential customers.
- Provide regular information to assist management with decision making, including competitor profiles and market analysis.
- Efficiently manage the Company’s marketing activities in the nominated region, together with administration duties that include the preparation of monthly management reports to enhance the decision-making capability of the Company.
- Make recommendations to management on business development activity and on how the Company can improve the marketability of its products.
- Detail pricing and delivery information with customers and liaise with sales order processing staff to ensure that all orders are promptly received and handled.
- Assist with after sales queries, investigate customer complaints, and ensure that they are dealt with to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Adherence to the Company Health & Safety Policy.
- Any other duties within reason and capability associated with this role.
This role is for an ambitious Business Development professional who aspires to develop their Career, positioning themselves for future progression with-in this growing company including, and as revenues increase, the future development of a regional office and leading a local team dedicated to Western Australia.
- Good level of secondary education with high degree of numeracy and literacy
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering and/or Commercial/Financial discipline, preferably Mechanical
- Proven track record in achieving business targets
- A minimum of 4 years’ Sales management experience and a progressive career to date
- Experience in establishing and maintaining successful customer partnership
- High awareness of CDE’s industry
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- Multilingual (Fluent English plus local languages)
- Well organised
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work under pressure and remotely
- Dependable and reliable
- Enthusiastic self-starter able to work on own initiative
- Available to work flexible hours and to travel as necessary
- Current driving licence and vehicle insured for business use
- 2.1 or above in degree
- Experience in specific process of Aggregate Washing and Water Treatment
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience and existing relationships with typical CDE Customer set
- High degree of process knowledge in CDE’s Industry
- Strong commercial ability with experience of contract negotiation with major organisations.
Please click here to view full job description
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all countries and backgrounds.
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting. The Company reserves the right to vary criteria at the shortlisting stage.
To apply please send your CV by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below
Closing date: Thursday 28th February 2018 COMPETENCY BEHAVIOUR ASSESSMENT METHOD