Location UK / Belfast
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 5 days ago
As an external Audit Manager you’ll manage key Assurance assignments. You’ll gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work including external audit, risk assurance and data assurance.
Our Northern Ireland Practice is experiencing continuous growth within the professional services market. It’s a changing and dynamic place to continue building your career whilst working with leaders within the industry. We’re currently seeking newly promoted and experienced Audit Managers to be part of this success and to help drive our business forward.
In Belfast we make a difference – to our clients, to our community and to the PwC global network. And we’ll certainly make a difference to your career and your social life too. Currently there are c. 2000 staff based in Belfast including 15 partners. We advise more of the region’s top-100 business than any other professional advisors and have more than 500 clients, ranging from top FTSE 100 companies to start ups, therefore, making Northern Ireland a great place to build your career and develop your skills. Our Waterfront Plaza office overlooks the Belfast Port and is right at the heart of the city’s business district. The role offers flexibility with the opportunity to build a varied portfolio and tailor the role to your particular strengths.
In this position you’ll manage key Assurance assignments. You’ll gain exposure to working on a wide variety of clients and a wide range of work including external audit, risk assurance and data assurance. In addition you’ll be involved with training, managing and appraising staff. You’ll be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients. Our clients are often well known brands, covering most industry areas, and many have broad international reach. You’ll have direct interaction as a trusted business advisor with our broad range of clients from family and owner managed businesses to dealing with larger corporate companies dealing directly with their directors/shareholders.
The role will incorporate
• A portfolio of external audit clients where you will be responsible for the day to day management, client liaison and technical issues management.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with existing clients of the firm, understanding opportunities to assist with their issues.
• Business development activities such as building relationships with target clients or involvement in pitch situations.
• Responsibility for the coaching and development of the team members reporting directly into you and taking responsibility for the career development of others.
• An opportunity to personally develop your skill set.
• Amount of time office based approximately 20%
• Amount of time at client sites approximately 80% Most of our clients are based in NI
• Need to travel/overnight stays away from home Yes occasional travel required.
• Opportunity for flexible working (hours) Yes, flexible start/finish times and open to part-time requests
• Opportunity for working from home? Occasionally
As a Manager within the region you will be required to
• Be ACA or similarly qualified
• Have experience of management of the audit from planning to supervision and review of the process
• Have flexibility in your approach to meeting goals as part of the team
• Have the ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
• Have a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships
• Take a proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions
• You will have experience of interacting with senior level clients and management to develop and maintain business relationships.
• A competitive salary and a discretionary performance related bonus
• A flexible benefits package that provides you (and your family) with a minimum level of protection (core benefits). There are also optional benefits you can choose from to suit your own lifestyle
• 25 days’ standard holiday pro rata with options to increase through your benefits package to a maximum of 40 days’
• 11 days’ public holidays plus discretionary extra day at Christmas
• The option to be a member of our pension scheme with extra funding from PwC
• A range of My Family Care Advice and Resources including the potential to receive up to 10 fully funded care sessions per year
• An internal Careers Service
• A wide range of discounts on services, foods and products
• Up to 6 days per year volunteering