Excellent opportunity for Assistant Contracts Manager based in Newry.
Job Title: Assistant Contracts Manager
The role is based at the Company’s head office in Newry, Co. Down and will involve international travel. The successful Applicant will play a key support role for the Contracts Managers and will become part of a dynamic, award winning company which places particular emphasis on Investment in People.
He/ She will exhibit drive and enthusiasm and will play an integral part in delivering Contracts to the highest standard, with the added benefit of having the opportunity to develop their career.
- Assisting the Contracts Department, and in particular the Contracts Manager, in the delivery of the contract to include liaising with other departments within the Company
- Assisting the Contracts Department and in particular the Contracts Manager, to ensure that the correct manpower is allocated to the contracts
- Requisitioning & measuring quantities of materials & sourcing alternatives as required
- Checking materials received on site to ensure no shortfalls/errors in deliveries
- Assisting in the management and performance of off location contracts
- Assisting in the production of a programme / schedule for the contract and reporting back to the contracts manager, at agreed intervals, marking up progress
- Assisting in the management of contract variations to support the Contracts Manager
- Travelling off site to work for a period of time at destinations both within and outside the UK, if and when required.
- Making full use of your communication, negotiating ,influencing, analyzing, problem solving, planning and organising skills
- All other duties as required and directed by management which would reasonably fall within the job title.
- Educated to Degree level with at least 2 years previous experience working in a construction related industry with knowledge of contracts delivery or 5 years previous experience working in a construction related industry with knowledge of contracts delivery
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must be prepared to undertake extensive travel as part of the role
- Previous experience working as an Assistant Contracts Manager
- Competent in Microsoft Project
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate their adherence to the Criteria in the application form. You will be expected to participate in education, training or development as is necessary, to enable the company to achieve the company’s objectives as communicated to you.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to our website.
You will be directed to the complete the following steps:
- Click on ‘Apply for this job’
- Complete the application form online.
- Download the application form after completion
- Save the downloaded form
- Upload the downloaded form to the site
Completed application forms should be submitted by Friday 22nd February 2019 at 5pm.