Excellent opportunity for an Accounts Assistant based in Belfast
Would you like to join the Team at the Titanic Hotel Belfast and continue to build and grow your career?
What will I be doing?
Assisting with the accounts payroll/payable function to include the processing of invoices and statements for payment per established procedures, coding invoices and handling communications regarding accounts payable issues, payroll, ensuring a high level of performance and accuracy.
Hospitality experience, detail oriented, preferred but not required.
What you will be doing
- Comply with our standards of service and interact with guests and employees in a professional, gracious, and friendly manner.
- Complete credit applications for customers and for suppliers
- Input invoice information into computer, and reconcile statements from suppliers
- Maintain comprehensive filling system for all accounts payable invoices
- Input daily revenue and daily settlements onto Excel spreadsheets
- Perform assigned duties required for the completion of month-end and year-end closing of the books
- Maintain effective communication within accounting department and with all hotel departments, be responsive to training and instructions and apprise accounting management of concerns, suggestions and ideas. Stay aware of issues relating to the Department and general hotel operations. Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Assist guests / clients with any billing related inquires and documentation, and act promptly to resolve any billing problems.
- Process weekly and monthly payroll and send all reports to HMRC. Be aware of pensions processing requirements.
- Update payroll information on input schedules as required
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Previous accounts payable or comparable accounting experience preferred. Hotel or hospitality experience preferred.
- Possess strong knowledge of accounts payable function and a good knowledge of general accounting procedures. Possess the ability to practicably apply knowledge in a business setting
- Key skill required is payroll processing for a medium sized business, and able to deal with SSP, SMP, Pensions queries.
- Ability to work in a small team environment.
- Ability to compose and express thoughts in a clear and understands way to ensure effective communications.
- Ability to organize oneself, and one’s work.
- Possess the professional style and sufficient confidence to effectively represent hotel and execute the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to make effective judgments on all facets of accounts payable functions, and the ability to effectively solve vendor and operational problems.
- Ability to understand and operate a fairly complex variety of computer systems and software. Ability to read, input, interpret, retrieve and provide information on data in computer system. Ability to generate a variety of financial reports.
Titanic Hotel Belfast is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.