Are you the type of person who thrives in a fast paced friendly corporate environment, who enjoys working with colleagues across the world? If this sounds like you then this is an opportunity you should apply for!
Posting Dates: Closing 15th February 2019
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie, Belfast
The Accounting Analyst will provide end-to-end accounting services in compliance with our globally established policies and standard procedures in collaboration with financial leadership.
- Record journal entries in SAP for the assigned entities/regions in-line with the established Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Perform account reconciliations, including, bank reconciliations, balance sheet accounts, etc., and resolve the reconciling items in a timely manner
- Perform period-end activities in accordance with the financial close schedules and the established guidelines
- Respond to in-market queries and post accounting adjustments as required
Provide support for internal and external financial audits
The Finance function provides the following services to the Firm:
- Supports strategic decision-making from a financial and business perspective
- Manages cashflow, including accounts payable, credit checks, billing and collections
- Ensures Firm-wide purchasing excellency and efficiency
- Provides financial reporting, budgets and forecasts
- Secures financing across the global Firm
Technical skills, qualifications and experience:
- 2+ years experience within a finance role
- Good experience in a relevant field (professional services firm and/or Shared Service Centre is preferred)
- Strong analytical skills
- Business proficiency in written and oral English
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or other Business discipline (2:1 or above preferred)
- Experience of SAP
- Solid understanding of GAAP, IFRS and general accounting principles
Technical & Personal Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Drive and ambition to learn and to be part of a team.
- Excellent time management and organisational skill
- Close attention to detail
- Commitment to perform responsibilities within high professional and ethical standards.