Excellent opportunity for a Welder – Fabricator based in Ballymoney
Position Title: Welder – Fabricator
Reporting To: Production Supervisor
Hours of work: 39 Hours
Working within the Fabrication Shop to fabricate and final weld fabricated sub components to the required quality standard and to meet the production schedule
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all materials are accounted for; tack and weld materials together as per engineering drawing.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, particularly welding symbols
- Understanding of Lean Principles & methodology.
- Ability to work within a team environment and able to use own initiative
- Complying with current and future Health & Safety laws, processes and procedures
- Following Standard Work procedures.
- Any other reasonable duty as instructed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in a fast moving manufacturing environment.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience.
- Be able to read and interpret complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables and other measuring instruments specialized to the job or industry.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of H & S procedures & responsibilities.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Previous experience of operating a robotic welder.
- Previous work experience welding in a heavy equipment environment.
- Ability to program robotic welder.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects at one time
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly
- Strive towards continuous improvement
- Ability to work in an environment that is fluid with constantly changing priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment and decision making skill
- Strong attention to detail
This above description is non-exhaustive and there may be additional duties in accordance with the role.
To apply please click on the APPLY NOW button below to be directed to the company website
All applicants must demonstrate through their application form, how they meet the criteria for the position applied for.
This position will be based at our Ballymoney facility.
We reserve the right to enhance our selection criteria at the short listing stage, if required.