Excellent opportunity for a Part Time Traffic Warden, Buncrana town, Co Donegal
Traffic Warden Job Description
Hours: Part Time, 24 hours per week
Salary-€28,704 Pro Rata
Shift Pattern: 48 hours per week 09:00 – 18:00, one week on Thurs, Fri, Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed, one week off.
Traffic Wardens will be required to:
- Be fully conversant with the Council’s On-Street and Off-Street Parking Bye-Laws and with any other Traffic Acts and Bye Laws appropriate to his/her duties.
- Ensure compliance with the Parking Control Bye- Laws.
- Enforce compliance with the Disability Act.
- Enforce prescribed patrol beats as set out by Donegal County Council, the manner of the enforcement of the beats shall be as prescribed by Donegal County Council.
- Participate in the coin collection operation as directed by the Council.
- Carry out routine maintenance of all parking machines and change rolls as required.
- Liaise with Donegal County Council Parking Section with regard to any matters that may arise with regard to Traffic Management.
- Write clear and concise reports when directed and keep contemporaneous notes for prosecutions in court.
- In addition, the candidates will be required to attend at Court and give clear evidence in the prosecution of Fixed Charge Notices.
- Requirements of Contract – Terms and Conditions
Each Warden must:
- Have at least twelve months experience in a similar role.
- Be familiar with Court proceedings and the standards required for the presentation of evidence.
- Familiarise themselves with the Buncrana Town Council / Donegal County Council On-Street and Off- Street Parking Bye-Laws together with any other relevant Road Traffic Acts.
- Be confident in the Issuing of Fixed Charge Notices.
- The Warden(s) should hold a full clean driving licence.
- Will attend an approved child protection course and conflict management course.
- Shall wear a uniform with cap at all times whilst on duty. The uniform shall be provided.
- Will be provided with a mobile phone for work purposes
- Will be provided with a login for a lone working GPS mobile application, and must use this system throughout the shift.
- Will be issued with a Handheld Device on which all Fixed Penalty Notices and photographs must be recorded.
To apply please send your updated CV via the apply button below.