As a key member of a small and highly effective team, the Supporter Care Administrator will be responsible for leading on the administration of a number of key income areas and providing excellent supporter care.
To maximise income and support for Northern Ireland Hospice (NIH) and Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice (NICH) by delivering excellent supporter care and ensuring all supporter care processes are conducted effectively, complying with internal procedures and legal and regulatory requirements relating to donor care.
Job Title: Supporter Care Administrator (part-time)
Location: Horizon House, 18 O’Neill Road, BT36 6WB
Salary Range: £15,268 – £19,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Hours: 20 hours per week
It is essential that applicants possess the following:
- GCSE English Language and Maths at Grade C or above or equivalent, AND
- At least 1 years’ experience of working a customer focused environment providing administrative support; OR Extensive experience working in a similar environment providing administrative support.
- Extensive experience working in a similar environment providing administrative support.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, social media forums and databases for record keeping, monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Excellent and accurate data entry skills to ensure data integrity and quality on the fundraising databases.
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Team player with ability to work on own initiative.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to working to a high standard.
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours as required, attending evening and weekend events if needed throughout Northern Ireland and beyond.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge (Fundraising Database)
- Experience of mail merge and mail shots
- Ability to take minutes
- Committed to the aims and charitable objectives of the Northern Ireland Hospice.
- Full valid driving licence and access to a car to undertake duties associated with the role.
To ensure NIH provides high quality supporter care to all its supporters, including dealing with all enquiries to include front of house, telephone queries and thank you receipting to agreed performance standards, ensuring efficient, positive communication and supporter interaction to build supporter loyalty and value.
An example of duties/tasks are as follows:
- To act as a point of contact for all enquiries including those from supporters, suppliers and within NIH and respond effectively via phone, website and in person and to record accurate actions.
- To monitor the Supporter Care Mailbox daily and to respond to all supporter and next of kin enquiries in a sensitive and sympathetic manner or by escalating to the appropriate team member as required.
- Ensure supporter feedback and complaints are responded to and recorded as per NIH’s processes in line with Fundraising Codes of Practice.
Gift Processing, Income & Post Handling
- In conjunction with the Finance Team, support in the management of NIH’s postal mail and donations received, including recording mail and gifts in the Post Book and date stamping all items on day of receipt.
- Support on the administration of all aspects of NIH’s Fundraising Department’s gift donations using NIH’s supporter database, Raiser’s Edge in line with NIH’s processes.
- Process both individual and large volumes of gift donations on Raiser’s Edge manually, or via bulk data imports applying the relevant financial codes.
- To produce receipts and gift acknowledgement letters using templates provided by Donor Development or the relevant income stream team.
- Arrange the dispatch of acknowledgement letters through Mail Sync for large scale campaigns or in house when required.
- Working closely with the Donor Development Team, support them in the development and implementation of regular giver supporter journeys, including sending communications according to agreed schedules and standards.
Data Capture, augmentation and storage
- Proactively capture key supporter information including email, home and mobile phone details, supporter motivations and communication preferences.
- Undertake data cleaning and updates, ensuring accurate supporter, contact and gift information is held on Raiser’s Edge.
- Ensure all data is handled in accordance with GDPR Legislation and Fundraising Regulator Codes of Compliance.
- Proactively promote the Gift Aid scheme to all donors.
- To support maximising Gift Aid income by managing and responding to Gift Aid enquiries and updating Gift Aid status information on Raiser’s Edge on an ad hoc basis.
- To ensure accurate recording of Gift Aid Declarations and associated documentation, scanning and appending to supporter records to support claims made to HMRC.
General Administrative responsibilities
- Update Supporter Care Team Process Documentation where key changes arise.
- Provide support to other members of the Supporter Care Team (Supervisor and other Administrators) where Departmental priorities dictate.
- Word Processing including mail merge and preparation of large scale mailing.
- To arrange appointments or meetings as required and to maintain Outlook diaries for cross team sharing.
- To assist with room booking via the appropriate room calendar in Outlook for all NIH team members.
- To photocopy/scan documentation as required.
- Responsible for managing volunteers assigned to specific administrative duties.
- Supporting fundraisers in major events during ordinary work hours or as time in lieu as and when required.
For further information on this opportunity please visit the ‘Join Us’ section of our website www.nihospice.org
Closing Date: Thursday 24th January 2019.
NI Hospice is an equal opportunities employer.