McLaughlin and Harvey are one of the leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors and seek to appoint Site Agents for our Civil Engineer projects. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing one site or section of a larger site as part of a wid
McLaughlin and Harvey are one of the leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractors and seek to appoint Site Agents for our Civil Engineer projects. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing one site or section of a larger site as part of a wider team, including safety, health, environmental, quality, programme, resource, commercial and contractual aspects. The successful candidate may have to travel throughout the UK.
- Understand duties and responsibilities with regards to current Health and Safety/CDM legislation, including those of other parties and ensure compliance.
- Ensure all site activities are undertaken in compliance with McLH SHEQ policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the project programme is available and communicated to the supply chain prior to works commencing.
- Manage the works in line with the programme, monitor progress and update the programme accordingly, including elements of design and procurement.
- Chair, minute and circulate subcontractor progress meetings.
- Produce weekly / monthly progress reports as appropriate.
- Communicate programme risks to the PM/CM and maintain records for contractual correspondence.
- Plan and manage site resources to ensure a safe working environment and to achieve the programme.
- Ensure accurate daily records including site diary are maintained and communicated for labour, material and plant, including Sub-Contractors.
- Communicate McLH policies and procedures to sub-contractors and ensure these are being observed.
- Produce, implement and maintain the site logistics plan detailing access, egress, transit routes, plant location, storage, waste disposal etc.
- Manage the sub-contract package in line with the sub-contract order documents, including the pre-let meeting minutes and attendances
- Ensure the PM, CM and QS are kept appraised of variations to the works and any matter likely to have commercial or contractual implications.
- Strong work ethic
- Previous experience managing railway & Marine projects
- Willing to work and travel throughout the UK
We Are An Equal Opportunities Employer