Location UK / Newry
Job Type Permanent part-time, Trainee
Salary £20000 - 25000
Updated 5 days ago
Positive Futures is the leading charity for people with a learning disability, acquired brain injury or autistic spectrum condition and their families.
• Would you describe yourself as a people person with a caring nature?
• Do you want a job where you can make a real difference to someone’s life?
• Do you believe that people with a disability should have the same rights and choices as everyone else?
We have a vacancy within our Southern Area Housing Support Service in Newry:
£20,118 – £22,793 FTE
We are looking for an individual to fill a 30 hour contract in County Down, where they will based in Newry and travel to support people within the surrounding areas as far as Armagh, Banbridge, Craigavon and Dungannon. The successful applicant will manage and develop a high quality Housing Support Service which meets the needs and aspirations of people with a learning disability.
If you can give us a commitment to put the people we support first, we can give you
• 4% pension contribution (eligibility based on age and earnings)
• Employee discount card
• Generous sickness and maternity pay
• Loyalty benefits
• Up to 37 days holiday per year
You will need
• Minimum of a Level 3 H&SC related qualification and 2 years’ experience in a H&SC setting OR 4 years’ experience in a H&SC setting
• Proven management/supervisory experience
• Current registration with NISCC or be eligible for registration (without admonishment or warning) on appointment
• The ability to travel independently. Positive Futures defines this as being a car driver and holder of a clean driving licence*, or having access to a form of transport approve by Positive Futures which will permit the applicant to meet the demands of the post.
*This criteria is waived for candidates unable to meet it due to disability.
To find out more and complete an application form, please click the apply now button before midnight on Wednesday 30 January 2019.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Registered with the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (NIC101385).
Positive Futures is a Smoke Free workplace.