Excellent opportunity for Senior Product Development Engineer based in Portadown.
Senior Product Development Engineer
Business Unit: Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation, R&D (Integrated Heating, Cooling and Ventilation Solutions)
Location: GDHV, Portadown
Reports to: Programme Manager-Water Heating
Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation (GDHV) is a newly formed division within the Glen Dimplex Group. Our Mission is to be the leading supplier of sustainable, efficient and desirable heating and ventilation products and systems to provide comfort for everyone using buildings. The division has ambitious growth targets supported by a strategic plan covering all aspects of its business.
This role will support the development of integrated heating, cooling and ventilation systems mainly based around the Zeroth concept. The main focus will be the development of the cylinder and hydraulic components in conjunction with the wider development team in Portadown and Dunleer. A further key aspect is the support of manufacturing.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Drive development and introduction of cylinder and hydraulic components;
- Work with engineering, manufacturing and commercial colleagues to ensure timely project delivery;
- Assist with the development of appropriate test facilities for water heating/cooling in Portadown;
- Support continuous improvement activity on the broader heating and cooling range of products;
- Meet and exceed the quality standards as set down by Glen Dimplex, both in terms of design and service;
- Have a good understanding of the commercial aspect of projects, with an ability to estimate costs before projects start, and a sound ability to accurately cost a part;
- Responsible for all aspects of projects, from initial concept through to production;
- Ability for managing a small multidiscipline engineering team.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Third level education in Mechanical/Manufacturing engineering with honours degree – minimum 2.1.
- A minimum of 5 years product design and development experience.
- Experience and knowledge of EN standards and directives and be able to demonstrate them;
- Design experience with stainless steel vessels and an comprehensive understanding of the pressure vessel directive.
- Proficient at 3D Computer Aided Design, preferably Creo but others 3D systems will suffice.
- Proficient at 2D Computer Aided Design, preferably AutoCAD.
- Experience of development of electromechanical systems.
- Excellent time management and planning skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure while managing multiple competing projects and priorities.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Please click here for privacy notice
How to Apply:
Applicants should email their CV, stating the Job Title in the subject line. Intermittent travel will be required in order to fully fulfil the requirements of the role and to engage with the contacts listed above.