Excellent opportunity for Senior IT Systems Engineer based in Derry/Londonderry.
Kofax is a leading provider of software to simplify and transform the First Mile™ of business. Success in the First Mile can dramatically improve the customer experience, greatly reduce operating costs and increase competitiveness, growth and profitability. Kofax software and solutions provide a rapid return on investment to more than 20,000 customers in financial services, insurance, government, healthcare, supply chain, business process outsourcing and other markets. Kofax delivers these through its direct sales and service organization, and a global network of more than 800 authorized resellers in more than 70 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific. For more information, visit www.kofax.com.
Senior IT Systems Engineer (E19-004)
We are looking for a Senior IT Systems professional with a proven experience in developing, maintaining and supporting technical infrastructure for global organisations. This is an exciting opportunity and the successful candidate will need to be able to work independently but must also be a strong team player, contributing to and supporting a distributed global team.
The Sr. IT Systems Engineer develops, maintains, and supports the Kofax technical infrastructure that includes hardware, and system software components. The Sr. IT Systems Engineer is responsible for collaborating with and enabling departmental teams with infrastructure. Sr. IT Systems Engineers are expected to leverage tooling and custom applications to monitor and optimize performance. In addition, Sr. IT Systems Engineers may be involved in routine upgrades and application support as well as root cause and post-mortem analyses around security incidents and service interruptions.
As a Sr. IT Systems Engineer, you will be able to operate independently, though typically working as part of a team with varying skill sets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Clearly understand, supervise, assist and monitor Cloud Operations team members in their assigned work.
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend specific technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements.
- Research and design best fit hardware and configuration infrastructure.
- Proactively maintains tools for monitoring and support.
- Participates in project planning and reporting across multiple efforts.
- Drive configuration, troubleshooting, and support for infrastructure.
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met.
- Drives field and corporate roll-outs of technology.
- Drives the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs.
- Collaborates with departmental staff and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure.
- Supports technology architecture design review efforts for project and departments.
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate.
- Drives root cause analysis, troubleshooting, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions.
- Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability.
- Opens and manages vendor problem tickets to resolution.
- Drives the production of in-house documentation around solutions.
- Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues.
- Provides application support for software running in production.
- Creates scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self service.
- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens.
- Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Adapting approach and demeanour in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Domestic and/or International travel up to 25% is required.
Required Skills & Experience
Candidates for this position should hold the following qualifications, have the following experience, and be able to demonstrate the following competencies to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” or as a “plus,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Experience working for a cloud-based service or product organisation.
- Experience working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern engineering team.
- Experience with infrastructure, network, database, or security troubleshooting and remediation.
- Familiarity with any of following technologies are a plus : Vmware: vCenter, vCloud, vRealize, powercli (VMware product family), Microsoft: Windows Server, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Sccm, Exchange 2010 and up,IIS, Powershell, Office 365, Other: Linux ,Commvault, Dell and HP management tools, scriptingFamiliarity with system and environment analysis and design.
- Experience monitoring the operational status and performance of, and configuring as well as tuning, systems, networks, or databases.
- Experience with operating system commands and utilities as well as scripting.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience supporting a 24×7 operation.
- 25 day holidays
- Private medical care
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Competitive Salaries
- Childcare vouchers
- Quarterly Funded Social Events
- Excellent Training
- Friendly working environment
How to Apply
Please visit our website by clicking on the APPLY NOW button below and follow the instructions provided to upload your CV to this vacancy.
The closing date for this post is: 25 January 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as the Protestant community and woman are currently under-represented in our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from these groups.