Location UK / Belfast
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 4 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a Senior Care Assistant based in Belfast Nights ( Bank )
TOWELL HOUSE RESIDENTIAL HOME
TITLE OF POST: Senior Care Assistant Nights ( Bank )
LOCATION: Towell House Residential Home
RESPONSIBLE TO:The Home Manager
OBJECTIVE OF THE HOME:
Our objective in Towell House Residential Home is to establish a loving and caring environment with a homely atmosphere and to provide personal care to individuals residents of the highest possible standard.
Under the direction of the Home Manager the post holder is responsible for the provision of care and practice to meet the needs of residents ensuring that all policies and procedures in operation are implemented and that the highest standards are achieved and maintained in care delivery.
1.Devising care plans and implementing the process.
2.Ensuring that the policies and procedures in relation to the safe custody, administration, recording and disposal of drugs and medicinal product is strictly adhered to.
3.Participating in the induction and on-going training of all staff.
4.Assisting, where required, in the assessment and admission of new residents.
5.Monitoring and reporting on residents’ conditions. Maintaining all records accurately.
6.Developing and maintaining good relationships with residents and their relatives. Reporting any complaints, incidents or accidents as required to the Home Manager.
7.Ensuring that any maintenance or repairs requiring to be carried out are reported to the Home Manager/Maintenance.
8.Ensuring that the Home’s policies and procedures are strictly adhered to in relation to:
Health and safety
Landry and sluicing
Control of infection
Ensuring that standards set in these areas are maintained.
9. Communicating and co-operating with medical staff regarding care and treatment of residents and ensuring that all treatments are carried out. Liaising with other paramedical personnel as required.
10. Participating in involving residents in recreational activities.
11. Ensuring that residents have a balanced diet. Supervising meals and liaising with catering staff. Assisting residents who require help with meals,
12. Ensuring that residents’ clothes are sent for regular laundering and returned to the rightful owner.
13. Ensuring the economic use of all supplies within the home.
14. Ensuring own and other staffs’ familiarity with all Fire procedures.
15. Recording accurate information where required on accidents, admissions, deaths, visits from officials etc and report same to the Head of Home.
16. Planning and allocating work in an efficient manner- thus ensuring a good service at all times.
17. Ensuring they receive and present up-to-date reports on all residents. Ensuring at all times staff cover is maintained and, if necessary remaining on duty until a replacement has arrived.
18. Adhering to the dress code at all times.
19. Attending and participating in in-service training for both self-development and the development of other staff. Keeping up to date with requirements for study days to ensure continuation of registration with N.I.S.C.C.
20. In the absence of senior staff to deputise in the safe and effective management and supervision of the Home.
21. Assisting where necessary in duties additional to caring.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO REVIEW IN THE LIGHT OF CHANGING CIRCUMSTANCES AND MAY INCLUDE ANY OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS MAY BE DETERMINED IN CONSULTATION WITH THE JOB HOLDER. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO BE RIGID AND INFLEXIBLE BUT SHOULD BE REGARDED AS PROVIDING GUIDELINES WITHIN WHICH THE INDIVIDUAL WORKS.
CVs NOT ACCEPTED AND CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY
THIS MEMORANDUM SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS CONSTITUTING CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Closing date 21st January 2019
TOWELL HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
AS REGULATED FACILITY APPLICANTS SHOULD BE AWARE AN ENHANCED ACCESS NI CHECK IS REQUIRED FOR THIS POST. APPLICANTS SHOULD ALSO BE AWARE A TRACE ON YOUR ACCESS NI CHECK DOES NOT NECESSARILY DISBAR FROM EMPLOYMENT. EACH CASE IS ASSESSED INDIVIDUALLY.
Towell House has a written policy on the Secure Handling, Use, Storage and Retention of Disclosure information. This is available on request from Towell House.
The Towell Building Trust Ltd has a written policy on the recruitment of ex- offenders. This is available on request from Towell House.