Excellent opportunity for Senior Buyer/Procurement Manager based in Belfast.
Senior Buyer/Procurement Manager
TBL International – bringing people and experiences together. The origins of the umbrella organisation TBL International are very much based in culture and heritage, having become the very successful commercial operators of Titanic Belfast, the city’s £96 million tourism investment project which celebrates the feat or marine engineering that was the building of the RMS Titanic, whilst commemorating the tragedy that enfolded its sinking.
Opening in April 2012 it has welcomed over three million visitors through its doors in that period with the vast majority coming from outside N. Ireland. However, the company now operates four attractions in total, three in Belfast, Titanic Belfast being the signature operation, with the addition of SS Nomadic, the last White Star Line vessel in existence, the Titanic Exhibition Centre, a 6000 sq metres exhibition space for trade fairs, public exhibitions and sports events.
As the Senior Buyer/Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for negotiating long-term and short-term transactions with 3rd party suppliers of all raw materials, resalable stock and services. This individual will also plan and incorporate – strategic purchasing plans, department and company-wide. Making well-informed decisions ensuring future stability, profitability and growth of all its individual group operations demonstrating a sharp commercial edge and a confident negotiation style!
Contract: Permanent Fulltime
Hours: 40 per working week (Mon – Fri 9.00am – 5.30pm)
LOCATION: Titanic Belfast
Reporting to: Director of Finance & Revenue
Employer: TBL International Limited
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders, existing and potential new suppliers regarding current and new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
- Negotiate contracts and undertake research with existing and new suppliers to ensure best value, improve prices and terms of business.
- Review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Purchase goods, raw materials and services to ensure that the companies operational needs are meet, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply by following proper channels to obtain purchase authorisation according to company policy.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Monitor market trends and competitor strategies keeping up to date with any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise other relevant managers within the organisation of potential impact.
- Work alongside the finance and purchasing department to ensure compliance and adequate crossover of information to maintain relation and cashflow options.
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities by agreed KPI’s.
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers Build, maintain and manage all supplier relationships and ensure good communications
- Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Determine the correct method to process purchase requisitions depending on total cost, timeliness, competitive bidding, and existing contracts and explain and clarify purchasing procedures to internal departments as well as vendors.
- Collaborate with department managers to clarify purchase requisitions, identify departmental needs, and refine specifications for future purchase orders
- Identify and select vendors and suppliers using criteria such as quantity and quality of commodities, price, and delivery date in line with individual head of Department
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing degree is preferred, HNC, City & Guilds Licentiateship, BTec Higher Professional Diploma, or equivalent NVQ Level 4 qualifications.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within F & B or manufacturing environment
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements
- Contract and supplier management experience
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes and supply chain management
- Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills
NB: Titanic Belfast reserve the right to enhance the criteria to assist in shortlisting.
- Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong proven problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9am on Monday 21st January 2019. Applications will only be accepted via company application forms. If you wish to apply for the position, please click the APPLY NOW button to visit our recruitment site. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage and each stage thereafter the following dates will apply:
• Individual Interviews will take place on Thursday 24th January 2019
TBL International Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer