Are you the type of person who thrives in a fast paced corporate environment, who enjoys working with colleagues across the world? If this sounds like you then we have an opportunity you should apply for.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Executive, Global Energy, Mining & Infrastructure (EMI), to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie, Belfast.
The purpose of this position is to support the marketing and business development activities of the EMI industry group. The EMI industry group is focused on growing profitable revenue from companies across its broad range of subsectors: Oil & Gas; Renewables / Power; Mining; Climate Change and Infrastructure Funds.
Assist in the development and execution of the group’s business plan, including communication and coordination with stakeholders to develop work/project plans, present recommendations, and provide progress notes/updates for the efficient and successful delivery of EMI activities.
Create effective working relationships with Steering Committee and the community of global, regional and office EMI PBS staff, share best practice, and coordinate the roll out of initiatives globally.
Marketing and Communications
- Create, revise, improve and maintain the industry group’s suite of marketing materials including capabilities statements, pitch templates, matter lists, awards and ranking information, website content (internal and external) and press releases.
- Work with Global Communications Team to profile industry group’s publications, thought leaderships, initiatives, etc.
- Develop and maintain key messages and talking points for the Global EMI industry group and for specific business development projects (e.g., surveys, new publications, thought leaderships etc.).
- Play a leading role in the management of strategic and ad-hoc client events and conferences, as well as internal EMI group meetings, including overall project management, promotion of events, and development of agendas and materials.
Operations/ Group Management
- Participate in team calls and Steering Committee calls; prepare and distribute notes and be responsible for actions
- Administer budget: (including monitoring and tracking global spend and issuing check requests and payments)
- Maintain and distribute lateral hiring and welcome documents
- Produce, analyse and share financial reports, e.g. Monthly KPI reports etc.
- Assist with generating relevant information for pitches, RFPs, RFIs and partner meetings
- Coordinate with Global Pricing and Global Pitching Teams, Research, Practice Groups and regional and local BD and marketing, as needed.
- Actively develop and maintain a deep understanding of the EMI market and the competitive position of the Firm’s EMI Industry Group through extensive internal and external research – with a view to leading at least one of the those subsectors over time.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate market, industry and competitive trends for the EMI Industry Group and sub-industry groups.
- Collaborate with the client managers leading EMI IKCs to understand market trends and needs, and work with the EMI Steering Committee, BD and KM teams to translate those into offerings.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or related discipline (2.1 or above preferred)
- Five years’+ experience working in a legal or related professional services environment
- Proficient in various MS office applications including but not limited to Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Logistics coordination/management experience
- Experience working in an international organisation
- Prior experience working in a virtual team setting
Technical & Personal Skills:
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail