This is an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor who will to be based in our Head Office in Newry, this is a demanding position which requires an individual to work flexibly and use their own initiative in a fast moving environment.
Salary: £30,000- £40,000 depending on experience
- Review contract documentation on receipt from client to ensure compatibility with the company’s tender and subsequent negotiations.
- Review contractual terms and conditions and negotiate amendments with the client where required by the Commercial Manager.
- Produce commercial risk register for each contract. Monitor risk and assist in implementation of agreed mitigation measures.
- Prepare and issue enquiries for major plant & equipment and sub-contract packages. Review quotations commercially and negotiate price and terms with vendors. Issue resultant purchase orders.
- Prepare and submit applications for payment and/or Invoices, obtain payment certificates and progress client payments in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Measure, submit and agree variations, loss & expense and/or compensation events in accordance with contractual provisions to facilitate prompt agreement of final accounts.
- Monitor on-site record keeping. Prepare and issue notices in accordance with contractual provisions.
- Prepare and submit monthly cost value reconciliations and cash/ spend profiles. Attend contract review meetings.
- Measure, certify and agree sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts. Prepare and issue contractual notices to sub-contractors.
- Assist the Finance Department in securing payment of invoices and/or applications for payment.
- Ideally the individual will be HNC/ degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Building Engineering Services (or equivalent)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and working experience of Mechanical / Electrical services and/ or utilities
- Good commercial awareness/ acumen and negotiation skills
- Experienced with resolving difficult or disputed accounts to finality
- Excellent internal and external communication skills with a customer focus.
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience of Financial and Contract Management software packages is advantageous.
- Good motivational and organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and prioritise workload.
- Minimum 3 years experience, would be advantageous if in the Electrical Industry in the Marine Sector
Although based predominantly in Newry, the individual may be required to travel within the UK, Europe and USA so it is essential that they hold a full valid UK driving licence, are willing to work away from home and be flexible with their hours of work.