Excellent opportunity for Quality Manager based in Co Cork.
Job title: Quality Manager
Reports to: Senior Management
Farrans Construction are seeking to recruit a Quality Manager. The successful candidate will primarily be involved in the physical inspection of the quality of work completed onsite. Along with Senior Management, he/she will initiate improvements and create an efficient and robust ‘Quality Assurance/Quality Check’ system. This will ensure you meet the customers’ expectations whilst aligning your activities with industry standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the quality launch meeting to ensure everyone involved has a clear understanding of the project.
- Contribute in the project set up stage and record any quality control requirements.
- Chair the an internal ‘Quality Focus Group.’
- Operate ‘Checklist’ style quality inspections.
- Provide detailed written reports following site inspections. Ensure the site is compliant with the approved specifications and programmes.
- Monitor observations raised in quality control inspection reports.
- Aid the site team with implementation of Test and Inspection Plans and evaluate the quality of workmanship.
- Report any instances of non-compliance immediately.
- Provide guidance on corrective action if applicable and specify timeframes for rectification.
- Create a ‘Farrans Benchmark System’ to demonstrate the expected standards to our supply chain and clients.
- Support the site team by identifying and developing training to enhance their ability to deliver work in line with Farrans quality assurance procedures.
- Liaise with our clients periodically to ensure that the level of satisfaction is high and consistent.
- Assist the Aftercare Team with managing and closing out defects with an appraisal of quality standards.
- Be accountable for closing off inquires and complaints efficiently in relation to quality on sites.
- Feed into the front end procurement team with subcontractor performances etc.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the quality control process and your area of responsibility.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies.
This role will be based throughout the Republic of Ireland.
The successful candidate will be expected to travel as part of their role to construction sites, Company fixed locations or other locations as requested by Senior Management throughout the Republic of Ireland and Great Britain.
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent qualification. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable work experience as deemed appropriate by Management.
- An appropriate and valid CSCS / CSR card.
- Full Driving License.
- Professional Qualification such as CIOB, RICS, RIBA or APM
- Appropriate and Valid CSCS Card
- Sound knowledge of construction management or civil engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience operating on major construction projects.
- Passionate about construction and building, with good career continuity.
- Sound knowledge of latest building regulations.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
Skills & Competencies
- Team player and leader.
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organizational skills.
- Good IT and numerical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Self-starter able to work within a team setting.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated. Capable of working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
- An excellent professional demeanor.
- Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if required.
To Apply please click the APPLY NOW button below and forward your CV
Closing date: Friday 8th February 2019
Farrans Construction is An Equal Opportunities Employer