Excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Manager based in Lurgan
1. OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To effectively manage and control overall procurement spend activity and resources for the Lurgan Operation
- Delivery of Lurgan based procurement objectives (e.g. cost, quality, delivery targets)
- Develop, implement and manage “assigned” Radius System Category Plans
- Implement “non-assign” Radius Systems Category Plans
- Significant annual expenditure (c.£ 10m).
- Responsible for overall Lurgan spend and assigned Radius Systems categories.
- Carry out detailed spend analysis and produce category review together with recommended category strategy.
- Negotiate with suppliers to deliver cost savings and improve the return (value for money) on every £1 spent.
- Develop sourcing options in Asia and other low-cost areas where appropriate.
- Work with colleagues in other functions to assist product range harmonisation and supplier consolidation across the category.
- To comply with all Heath, Safety and Environmental legislation together with all Company policies and procedures
- Develop plans with suppliers to maximise OTIF (on time in full) and help with company working capital targets by introducing stock at supplier/consignment stock/VMI, as appropriate.
- Assist Supply Chain Coordinators with supply chain issues and improve the experience of dealing with the suppliers in the respective category e.g. response times to enquiries, ensuring a reliable single point of contact at the supplier etc.
- Develop and promote high performing suppliers, work to improve or eliminate poor performing suppliers.
- Migrate ad hoc spot purchase supplier relationships to strategic partnerships where possible.
- Implement longer term pricing agreements that give commercial colleagues pricing stability and utilise pricing mechanisms which track commodity/raw material prices to ensure price increases are fair/decreases are always captured.
- Support other functions with the introduction of new products and ensure that Purchasing are fully involved in new development projects from the outset.
- Monitor OTIF and non-conformance reports and take the lead in dealing with issues/implementing improvement plans.
- Take responsibility for price increases, negotiate and neutralise where possible.
- Report new pricing agreements (increases or decreases) to key stakeholders e.g Sales & Finance.
- Manage requests from colleagues to introduce new suppliers. Where possible identify existing suppliers who could fulfil the need.
- Develop a supplier base that is sufficiently robust to meet the continuously changing needs of the business.
- Manage excellent relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that all activities/projects are delivered on time, within budget through a solid understanding of the wider business aims, objectives and day to day operational issues.
- Internal Purchasing & Group/other BU Purchasing colleagues
- Senior Management Team
5.JOB REQUIREMENTS/ENTRY CRITERIA
- Experience of Category Management Approaches
- Strategic Purchasing experience of 2 years or more
- Analytical ability, with great attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experienced at persuading and influencing at all (especially senior) levels
- Capable of building category plans and implementing a strategy
- Demonstratable track record of delivering extensive bottom line benefits
- Ability to understand complex business issues.
- Ability to network and build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Strong IT skills
- Able to travel frequently according to job demands, both nationally and internationally.
- Resilient and assertive
- Politically aware
- Forms own opinion
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Results focused
- Hard working and tenacious
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Works effectively under pressure
If you would like to join our team, please click on the Contact Employer Button below to register your interest
Closing date to be 23rd January 2019.