Responsible for optimising performance of all aspects of production incorporating; planning, operations, quality and health & safety. Manage production staff and facilities effectively and efficiently in order to achieve Company objectives as prescribed by the General Manager.
Job Title: Production Manager
Reporting To: General Manager
Direct Reports: Production Supervisors, Production Administrator, Line Leaders & Production Operatives
General Role: Responsible for optimising performance of all aspects of production incorporating; planning, operations, quality and health & safety. Manage production staff and facilities effectively and efficiently in order to achieve Company objectives as prescribed by the General Manager.
Deputised by: Production Supervisors
- Develop and implement operational plans for Production areas ensuring that daily production demands are properly executed and production KPIs are consistently met
- Lead, motivate and develop the Supervisory and Production Team, encouraging a culture of teamwork and efficiency. Optimise the performance of all employees through performance management and corrective action processes.
- Deliver best in class performance in all aspects of production activities, product quality and customer service and comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Focus on continuous improvement of production processes, systems and working practices and drive change as required to deliver best practice and meet the requirements of the Company, accreditation bodies and customers
- Regularly review machinery performance ensuring that the performance of all production lines is optimised through the expansion of Lean Tools. Create a culture of high performance and excellence with ownership across the workforce for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is properly operated, cleaned and maintained and regularly liaise with the Technical and Process teams.
- Assist in the development of new quality systems and ensure that procedures are being adhered to with a constant focus on waste reduction.
- Develop and monitor Health & Safety procedures throughout the factory ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff and visitors.
- Represent the Company when liaising with customers, auditors and other stakeholders as required.
- Review and identify staffing requirements in line with Business needs.
- Promote equality of opportunity and diversity in the organisation
- Key holder responsibility / on call in the event of alarm activation.
- Any other duties as required to fulfil the Company needs.
- Wage V Sale
- Customer Complaints
- Customer Service Level
- Capacity Utilisation
- External Accreditation
Job Title: Production Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Education / Qualifications:
- Qualification in Food Technology/Food Science
- Food Safety in Manufacturing – Intermediate
- Formal management
- Food Safety in Manufacturing – Advanced
- L2 HACCP or above
- Counterbalance Forklift License
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- 3rd level qualification in Management / Business
- IOSH/NEBOSH Qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in the following areas:
- Leading a production team
- Production Planning
- Improving efficiencies
- Health and Safety
- External Audit involvement
- Experience gained in FMCG
- Leading teams over multiple shifts and multiple sites
- Lean implementation and development
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Awareness of current employment legislation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative
- Customer driven
- Analytical thinker
- Excellent level of IT literacy.
- Presentation skills
- Current driving license
- Flexible approach towards working hours
Please forward your CV through the APPLY button