Location UK / Ballymena Area
Job Type Permanent full-time, TemporaryContract
Salary Not disclosed
Updated 14 hours ago
Excellent opportunity for Production Manager (Shift-based) based in Ballymena
Norbev Ltd is an established and renowned manufacturer in the field of soft drinks and packaged water. We supply a range of soft drinks for some of the most instantly recognisable brands in the market place.
We currently have a vacancy as
Production Manager (Shift-based): Night Shift
The Production Manager (shift-based) will have overall responsibility and accountability for the effective, efficient and safe running of production operations, the coordination of all aspects of operations during shift and the effective supervision and well-being of teams. The successful candidate will be involved in meeting customers’ orders and in the management of costs, yield, process improvement, team development, training, continuous improvement and change management. The Production Manager will ensure that all products and processes are safe and in compliance with specifications, statutory obligations (Hygiene, Food Safety, Environmental, Quality and Health & Safety standards) and customer requirements.
The successful candidate must demonstrate that they have:
1.At least 2 years’ experience gained in a management/supervisory position within a manufacturing/production environment, preferably within a bottling or food packing environment and to include supervision of more than one department;
2. A working knowledge of manufacturing processes, of delivering change initiatives on time and on budget and of continuous improvement methodologies;
3. The ability to supervise, lead and motivate teams;
4. The ability to think laterally, problem solve and continuously improve processes;
5. A working knowledge of health & safety standards and of quality, food safety and environmental standards.
6. GCSE English & Math’s (Grade C or above) or equivalent and be competent in the use of I.T. systems.
Although not essential, preference may be given to candidates who have:
1.Level 2 Qualification in Leadership/Management.;
2.Level 2 Food Safety for Manufacturing;
3.Knowledge of BRC standards.
4.Knowledge of continuous improvement systems and processes.
This is a 12 hour shift position based on a recurring pattern; however the post holder will be required to be flexible in terms of working hours to meet business needs.
Closing date Friday 11th January 2019 at 4.30 pm