Excellent opportunity for Outlets Manager-Catering based in Belfast.
Outlets Manager – Catering
CONTRACT: Full time / Permanent
WORKING HOURS: Average 40 hours per week (annualised hours basis)
LOCATION: Titanic Belfast
REPORTING TO: Head of Hospitality
The Outlets Manager is part of the senior team in Titanic Belfast’s in-house hospitality division. You will work as part of the team to deliver the 5-star service standards across the organisation. Input in the strategic development of the catering outlets (in the Titanic Belfast building and of any associated buildings) and operational accountability are the key responsibilities of this role. Managing financial performance to meet or exceed targets while leading the team to deliver excellent customer service.
You will work alongside the other hospitality teams, in particular the kitchen team, to achieve and maintain food standards and support the Head of Hospitality to achieve the objectives of the organisation.
- Manage the seasonal labour, food and beverage requirements of the outlets to achieve budget/GP whilst ensuring quality, choice and presentation standards for customers.
- While adhering to the stock management system in place, minimise wastage with effective ordering and scheduling.
- Responsibility for the financial performance and profitability for the catering outlets.
- Ensure company policies, procedures and SOP’s, are in place, reviewed and improved continually
- Manage the cash handling within the units in line with company SOP’s ensuring all cash handling staff follow procedures and all non-compliances are investigated and reported in line with company policy.
- Management of efficient and timely staff rostering.
- Responsible for accuracy of all payroll for the outlets and signing these off in line with the timelines implemented by HR and Finance departments.
- Ensure all daily and weekly orders with nominated suppliers for food, beverage, disposables and general consumables are placed in accordance with agreed company procedures.
- To ensure customers are satisfied with their experience, dealing with special requests, issues and complaints as they arise.
- Feedback is to be recorded and communicated to the Operations Manager for appropriate follow up and action
- Be customer-focused at all times, ensuring a high level of service delivery in a friendly and professional manner from the whole team.
- Identify and plan training as required with Head of Hospitality and HR for ALL PERSONNEL.
- Ensure H & S is at the forefront of the service and this culture is embedded within the team.
- Show innovation in respect of product range, working closely with the Executive Chef and Head of Hospitality to plan seasonal menu choice and special promotions.
- Liaise with heads of department across the business areas to ensure delivery of service excellence.
- Develop and foster excellent relationships with crew, clients, hosts and VIPs.
- Support and assist the hospitality and other departments to meet the business needs and objectives of the organisation.
- Ensure all areas are kept and maintained to a high standard and any issues related to Maintenance or Housekeeping are dealt with following the appropriate channels
- Attend all meetings, events and training courses as required.
- Ensure efficient and effective communication within the overall Hospitality Department
- Compliance with Titanic Belfast Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Proactive and positive approach to embracing organisational Health & Safety culture
- Any other duties as delegated by the Head of Hospitality or any other person designated in their absence
The above reflects the main elements associated with this position. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
- 2 years’ experience at Management/ supervisory level within a busy hospitality/retail environment
- A proven track record in the following:
O Managing food outlets either on the high street or similar environment
O Effective client relationship management.
O A passion for service excellence
- Bar management or supervisory experience
- Experience working in an environment with seasonal fluctuations
NB: Titanic Belfast reserve the right to enhance the criteria to assist in shortlisting.
- Ability to lead a team in a highly-pressurised environment
- Commercially and financially astute
- Highly motivated and the ability to motivate others
- Strong communication skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Customer engagement and management of client relationships
- High levels of attention to detail and intrinsic quality
- Ability to provide constructive and professional feedback
Closing date for receipt of applications 9am on Monday 21st January 2019. Applications will only be accepted via company application forms. If you wish to apply for the position, please click the APPLY NOW button below to visit our recruitment site.
Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered.
Please note for applicants successful at the shortlisting stage and each stage thereafter the following dates will apply:
- Assessment centre/First Interviews – 28th January 2019
Titanic Belfast Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.