Excellent opportunity for a Observatory Supervisor based in Belfast.
Hastings Hotels are now offering an amazing opportunity for an exceptional hospitality professional to apply for the position of Supervisor in the Observatory.
Vacancy Title: Observatory Supervisor
Location: Grand Central Hotel, Belfast
Key Duties will include:
- Effective supervision of the restaurant and bar team.
- To assist with the planning and organising of the restaurant and bar operation.
- Supervising the restaurant and bar team in the delivery of exceptional service to exceed guest expectations.
- Ensure the restaurant and bar team provide menu recommendations upon request and upsell additional offerings when appropriate.
- Ensure the restaurant and bar team receive appropriate training, coaching & development.
- Ensure yourself and the restaurant and bar team receive payment for food and beverages sold in accordance with operating procedures.
- Ensure table set up and guest areas are maintained in a clean and tidy manner and in accordance with hotel standards.
- Ensure Company policies related to cash handling, stock control and stock ordering are implemented and monitored and appropriate action is taken to resolve any problems arising.
- Ensure staff use equipment and materials in the correct manner and that any problems are reported immediately.
- Maintain the security of stock areas and manage any breaches.
- Respond to complaints and find the appropriate solution.
- Ensure the restaurant and bar team comply with all health, safety, hygiene & licensing policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with colleagues across departments to ensure a harmonious working environment where all employees are treated with respect and dignity.
You will have:
- Similar previous experience gained within a quality establishment.
- Demonstrable customer focused approach with a passion to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and IT skills.
- GCSE grades A-C in English and Maths or the equivalent.
- Ability to work under pressure within a team.
- A result driven approach with the ability to meet/exceed deadlines.
- The ability to prioritize, plan, organise and demonstrate attention to detail.
This is an exciting yet demanding role requiring a confident, hospitality experienced professional who can deliver a standard of service synonymous with the Hastings brand.
The Supervisor role is a full-time position with a competitive salary on offer.
To apply, please forward your CV together with a covering letter of application via the APPLY button below.
Closing Date Monday 21st January 2019.